Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 17, 2004, 9:39 AM   #1

The Canon Ixus 430 or the Powershot S1IS ORPowershot A85??
Can anyone please help me decide, the onlything I'm looking
for is overall picture quality and clarity. Please help me decide by giving some advice or tips.

Willemdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 17, 2004, 8:38 PM   #2

You need to be more specific. What features are the most important to you in a digital camera? How many megapixels do you want and what type of zoom are you looking for? Do you want a basic point and shoot or one with more manual control? Will you be printing your photos? If so,what size will most of your prints be?

Snaphappy1
snaphappy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2004, 3:50 AM   #3

Well Features are welcome but not critical,, I just want something that will give me good performance, Around 4Mp and no I would not want to print (maybe occasionaly). The most important thing for me is the picture quality. I think its down to the ixus430 and the powershot A85. I like the rechargeable battery pack of the 430, but then again I like the removeable lenson the A85. Thanx for responding Snaphappy1
Old Oct 19, 2004, 1:35 PM   #4

well from my own experience of digital camera's, I'd go for the Olympus c-5060. Its got so many options and the photo's are great. Really sharp!
I dont think it's particularly good at removing grain, but I'd rather leave more detail and do that afterwards anyway in photoshop.

You get them for around £320 now.
sawfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2004, 12:17 AM   #5

My suggestion would be to check out the galleries and sample photos for the camera's you are interested in. That way you can see for yourself, the quality of photos taken by each camera. Size of the camera may also be important to you so that may be a factor in which one you eventually choose. Do you want a compact or a SLR-like camera?

Snaphappy1
snaphappy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2004, 1:51 PM   #6

I'd go for the compact types, I don't really need anything better, but I'll surely go and check the camera your'e talking about. I already went through the Canons and i just need a second opinion.

:|