Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 30, 2004, 2:17 PM   #1

I have narrowed my choices down to these two cameras. I take mostly pictures on vacations and fishing trips but also family pictures as well. My main concern is picture quality. If you have either one, would you buy it again if you were starting over?
bgoldberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 30, 2004, 2:50 PM   #2

FZ15 if you donĀ“t care about the movie without sound and hot shoe
rbata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2004, 10:35 PM   #3

I've had the FZ20 since Sept 2. I also looked at the Z3, and was not to impressed. I am so glad that I have the FZ20, especially for the fantastic 12X Zoom.

I have a Sony 3.2 MP DSC-S75. It take fine pictures, but I realized shortly after I got it that 3X Zoom wasn't enough.

I would strongly recommend the FZ-20

Good Luck in your search.

Larry
Larry Bradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2004, 11:30 PM   #4

I also have the FZ20. Had it for about a week now and am loving it so far. Its fun, easy to use and I feel that the picture quality is very good (yes, I know some have complained about too much noise but to be honest, I have not noticed this at all). I was also looking at the Z3 but had read quite a few posts regarding reliability issues with that camera. Many have had the camera freeze up on them for some unknown reason. I also saw in the sample galleries that the picture quality was not as good as with the Panasonic's. You can also check out the FZ3, FZ10 and FZ15. They all have the large zoom, imagine stabilizer but just less pixels and no hotshoe.

Snaphappy1
snaphappy1 is offline   Reply With Quote