Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 20, 2004, 8:00 PM   #21

Well, I received my FZ20 and my 512MB Ultra II.

Let me say this: WOW! The 12x optical with IS is amazing. I'm shocked how nice the 12x images turn out--and without using a tripod. Even when you try hard not to shake at 12x you simply bob all around--and yet the picture turns out awesome.

The 320x200 video is pretty poor but that isn't what I purchasd it for.

I'm looking forward to my wife and I learning all of the features on this bad-boy.

I simply want to say I am not dissapointed at all.

P.S.: I picked up a Dazzle 8-in-1 and transfer images at USB 2 via that rather than pluging the camera into the PC.
Steve Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 9:55 AM   #22

cool... That's a nice camera you got ... post some pics once you get the hang of it...
Sivaram Velauthapillai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2004, 5:05 PM   #23

I have owned a Ls443 kodak wich i liked except for the "dying on me"part

So I went looking for another kodak

I was looking at the kodak 6490 or 7590 becauseI thought that the more mp the sharper the pictures should be,but whenI see what the file size is compared to a panasonic fz3 (3mp) or a canon s1 (3mp) I see there about the same size!!!

So I compared picturesof the brick house from steve's sample's andI saw suprisingly more detail in the s1 and fz3 pictures

Considering that + lacking of image stabilisation de Kodaks are off my list

I want to shoot telephotos with indoor light ( my childeren do competitions Irish dancing) without flash so the fz3's full range 2.8 appeals to me very much andI think that will be my choice as they are priced quit similar in holland.

or is there a better choice out there??
nafta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2004, 6:01 PM   #24

nafta wrote:
Quote:
I have owned a Ls443 kodak wich i liked except for the "dying on me"part

So I went looking for another kodak

I was looking at the kodak 6490 or 7590 becauseI thought that the more mp the sharper the pictures should be,but whenI see what the file size is compared to a panasonic fz3 (3mp) or a canon s1 (3mp) I see there about the same size!!!

So I compared picturesof the brick house from steve's sample's andI saw suprisingly more detail in the s1 and fz3 pictures

Considering that + lacking of image stabilisation de Kodaks are off my list

I want to shoot telephotos with indoor light ( my childeren do competitions Irish dancing) without flash so the fz3's full range 2.8 appeals to me very much andI think that will be my choice as they are priced quit similar in holland.

or is there a better choice out there??
Quote:
Well I went to the shop and the feel off the 6490 was to me so impressive as the lcd screen and the price was so low I could not resist.
Quote:
So I have shot 400 pics the last two days and only in low light there are focus problems.
Quote:
But the shots that did focus are excellent.
Quote:
I just hope that there will be a firmware upgrade soon resolving this.
nafta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2004, 10:15 PM   #25
kaw

my dad loves his panasonic fz1 he no longer get blurred pics when using the longer zooms
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote