Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 10, 2004, 9:56 PM   #21

hey, hey, hey, how can anyone just say Canon is better than Sony, I have my V1 and it is way better than most canons, though, I can't say also that Sony is better than Canon coz I have tried several nice Canons too. Never never say that :-)
Ching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2004, 10:08 PM   #22

rico-br-rj sez....
Putz, sony will never be better than Canon.

I don't buy it either

Sony's are excellent cameras.
Canon optics are awesome, but I worry about the quality.

Everybody has different requirements.
I just want a small, fast camera that takes nice pictures to record life's memories, and I found it in the Sony P150.
It's with me all the time and I never miss a spontaneousopportunity.

Ifphotography is your hobbyand you have a need to take beautiful staged photos then the P150 probably isn't for you.

Buy the A95, it's an awesome camera and it's small enough to take with you alot of the time.

Btw, I just looked through about 10,000 photos I have taken in the last couple years and I couldn't find one photo of dripping water... strange
SteveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2004, 10:55 PM   #23

Does Sony have quality in color?? The where? Speak to me that I still didn't see.

Yes, for him the best is an A95.

To discuss Canon S1, Olympus C-7xx or a Panasonic FZs is a thing, but to throw a Sony in the is half other, to compare sony with canon/olympus/panasonic FZs is to compare a horse with a car.

Good for you what this beginning? A95 better option.

Sony is horrible
rico-br-rj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2004, 11:06 PM   #24

rico-br-rj wrote:
Quote:
to compare sony with canon/olympus/panasonic FZs is to compare a horse with a car.

I love horses, in fact I'm doing the seven second dance at a local rodeo this weekend... probably with my P150 in my pocket, try that with your S1 (smile)
SteveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2004, 12:39 AM   #25

This must really confuse you now.

Anyway, to simplify things a bit.

Photo quality wouldn't be a major concern for all cameras listed (except the S1 SI, I still don't like it).

On horrible photos/colors/whatever, you should have nothing to worry about, unless you depend on photos for a living. And there are very few cameras that can beat the Sony V1 in its heydays (my second crush in the digital world, 1st was the Canon S400).

For your peace of mind, the A95 will be the all-rounder here. The Sony P100 and W1 will have the advantage of being more compact than the A95, but sacrifices a bit on the manual controls. There should be insignificant differences in the photo quality (which you can only see if you are STEVE (we all love you Steve!!!).) And the A95 has a swivel LCD (very very very very very cool) but the Sony W1 has the bigger LCD.

And Sonys are not horrible, they are just a bit more expensive to keep, repeat "a bit". But then Canons tends to break down...hmmmmm....

Anyway, should you choose any of the 3 cameras, you should be happy to get some of the best of what's available are in their categories. Just don't get the S1 IS...and that's what rico has......

Thon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2004, 3:54 PM   #26

Wow, you guys have been a HUGE help!
I think I am going to go with the A95 because I also think the swivel screen is cool, picture quality is great.. and its pretty compact

Thanks again guys
Inferno69 is offline   Reply With Quote