Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 13, 2004, 10:55 AM   #1

I am noticing that electronics chain stores like Ritz and Circuit City advertise and stock the Panasonic FZ3 and FZ20 but NOT the FZ15? Can anyone answer why?
tomdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 15, 2004, 9:58 PM   #2

Please will someone answer me?
Old Nov 16, 2004, 6:30 AM   #3

Have you tried asking those stores why they don't stock that camera model? I don't know the specific answer, but as with any product, most vendors will not stock every model. Especially models that are very close to one another to avoid confusion of the customers. Is the 15 very similar to the 20? If so, then they may feel they will generate more revenue selling just the higher priced 20. In a way this up-sells people who are interested in the 15. "... well, they don't have the 15, but the 20 is a step up so I'll get that". and bingo, the store just made more profit selling a higher priced item.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2004, 8:36 AM   #4
kaw

because they dont want too! now all kidding aside, i dont think anyone here can answer why a business does or doesnt do something.
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2004, 9:09 AM   #5

There was something I was wondering, that is somewhat related to that...

What I consider the best digicam site on the planet, dpreview.com, does not have the FZ15 in their database (they have FZ3 and FZ20; and older ones like FZ10). Now, why would the top digicam site not have the specs for the FZ15? Why would your store not have FZ15?

I think there is something to this story... maybe the FZ15 is not released in some regions or something...
Sivaram Velauthapillai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2004, 8:54 PM   #6

The FZ15, you will recall, is rated one of the best cameras on THIS site. And to answer a previous post: YES, I have asked the stores why they do not stock the camera. Not suprisingly, I got a blank stare in reply. So I thought I would ask the experts at this site!

A previous poster is probably correct. Stores can get $100 more for the FZ20. Thanks for all your responses, by the way!