Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 21, 2004, 8:03 AM   #11
PvB

I had a look at several websites in my search for flash macro tests. http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/FZ3/FZ3PICS.HTMwas the only one (of the sites I looked at)with that kind of test. Not all the reviews have a flash macro test, but one of the reviews that does is the review of the Panasonic FZ3 (I know you didn't list it in your original post. This is just to give an example of a flash macro test). You'll see that most of the photo is in shadow due to the lens. When you have short-listed several cameras you should see if you can find reviews that include flash macro tests.
PvB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 6:10 PM   #12

Quote:
Ring flash would probably give me better lighting, but I am not a professional photographer and I do not want complications
Those led "flashes" are small and inexpensive, comparing with professional ring flash (which will cost more than all cameras we are discussing here).

Quote:
But can anyone tell me whay i have read less than good remarks about Pentax in some forums? No details were given.
Different people tell different things, there should be many reasons. Download sample images and compare yourself. And seems like Pentax MX is not the best (may be MX4 is better). However others I've mentioned are not much better. Seems like CoolPix4500 is best.

Quote:
I think that the perfect one has not yet been made
I agree, this is The problem...

WBR,
Sergey.
_sergey_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 7:54 PM   #13

To PvB

I finally found the pic you mean. But that is not an ultra compact camera& the lens is wide. I have loked at sample macro pics for the camerasI liked. The canon IXUS 40 (whichis SD 300- very confusing) had the best for size of object. I did not see any with shadows, but maybe that was because the flash was not used.

Thanks for making me think of it

Mavis
mavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 7:59 PM   #14

You know, Sergey,

The more I check reviews and think about it, the moreI think that if I wait , I might get whatI want. Look at the progress in the last year.

That probably means that when I am not thinking about it, everything will come together in my head, andI will suddenly buy one.

You have been a help

Mavis
mavis is offline   Reply With Quote