Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 18, 2004, 10:12 AM   #11
PvB

rbata wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
If indoor photos aren't a major item then I would advise the Canon Powershot S1 IS. It has no hotshoe or AF assist (but it does have full manual mode,including manual focus).

Are you sure?
I'm certain. I've read enough reviews to know that (I dont own the camera myself:sad. Depress the MF button and use the up and down arrows on the four-way controler to focus.
PvB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2004, 1:17 PM   #12

rbata wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
If indoor photos aren't a major item then I would advise the Canon Powershot S1 IS. It has no hotshoe or AF assist (but it does have full manual mode,including manual focus).

Are you sure?
I haven't got this camera YET but yes, it does have manual focus. BUT... the manual focus is done using arrow keys!!! It does NOT have a focus ring on the lens!!!

So the manual focus on the S1 is a poor man's manual focus It's better than nothing but it isn't comparable to manual focus found on DSLRs or high-end prosumer cameras...
Sivaram Velauthapillai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2004, 2:46 PM   #13

mweb wrote:
Quote:
I have owned a s7000 (now have a S20 PRO) the performance and spec of this camera is several leagues higher than anything mentioned in this thread!!. Yet now it is very well priced!:-)
tbh i nearly brought the Fuji FinePix S7000 the otherday, it seemed to be avery good camera that had come down in price alot, but i thought i needed more advice form people who hopefully knwo more than i do
Blaupunkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2004, 4:23 PM   #14

i can recommend the s7000 without hesitation at its current price, you would not be dissapointed with it!!
mweb is offline   Reply With Quote