Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 26, 2004, 7:59 AM   #1

Hey THON! I need your advice. (or anyone here who owns an Olympus c-770)

I plan on going on a trip in less than a week and I will receive my Olympus c-770 camera today in the mail. Since I know youown this camera, I have a couple of questions.

1- What batteries do you use that are best in terms of durability and lasting the longest? ( i need details- I don't care the price)

2- What camera lens do you recommend that gives the best in image quality? My brother recommended a UV lensbut there are so manyso I need your opinion. (details)

3- Also, I plan on going to a concert in a couple of days. People always talk about the IS and how they should of done something with it to get better image quality, and I will admit, I know nothing about cameras (for now). Can you help me out with this? If it is a low lit concert what should I change my IS to? Any tips would be great for this!

Your advice would be greatly appreciated! =)
xoxox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 26, 2004, 7:09 PM   #2

xoxox wrote:
Quote:
Hey THON! I need your advice. (or anyone here who owns an Olympus c-770)

I plan on going on a trip in less than a week and I will receive my Olympus c-770 camera today in the mail. Since I know you┬*own this camera, I have a couple of questions.

1- What batteries do you use that are best in terms of durability and lasting the longest? ( i need details- I don't care the price)

2- What camera lens do you recommend that gives the best in image quality? My brother recommended a UV lens┬*but there are so many┬*so I need your opinion. (details)

3- Also, I plan on going to a concert in a couple of days. People always talk about the IS and how they should of done something with it to get better image quality, and I will admit, I know nothing about cameras (for now). Can you help me out with this? If it is a low lit concert what should I change my IS to? Any tips would be great for this!

Your advice would be greatly appreciated!┬*┬* =)
Glad you got the C770 like many of us, and you should be very happy with it.

You'll need a few things before you get started on your trip. A good camera bag, at least a 256MB xD-card, extra battery and a good lightweight tripod (can be a cheap one, but must be stable).

In terms of battery life, the camera should be able to be used for at least 1/2 - 1 day on a fully charged battery. The camera comes with a standard Li-10B battery and there is an upgraded version available with a higher capacity, Li-12B. You should get at least 1-2 more battery for a whole day's shooting. I've 3 Li-10Bs (1 from my old Stylus/mju-400).

In terms of lens, I think you are refering to conversion lenses and filters here. There are some UV filters available and some people swear by those. I don't use one, but I intend to get an UV filter sometime next year. On conversion lenses, there are wide angle convertors and telephoto convertors by Olympus and Raynox. Raynox has a bigger selection of lenses available including fisheye lenses. They are the best that I can currently find in the market.

The only downside to the C770 is there is no IS (image stabilization), I don't find it a major problem so far. In low light or low shutter speed situations, it'll be a problem if you do not have a tripod or stable platform. However, you should also know that IS is not a cure for camera shake (it does help, yes), good photography habits are. I've taken some very good MPEG4 movies of a play though.

Anyway, I believe you'll be very happy with your C770 like me.

Thon

Thon is offline   Reply With Quote