Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 27, 2004, 11:48 PM   #1

FOR ME, what it counts in a digital camera is the following one: Good quality lenses, good optical zoom and the manual adjustments that it allows. Adding these points it is that if it must make the choice. I am right?
Amongst the models to follow, which of them 3 megapixel cameras presents better final resulted? Canon S1, Fuji S5000 or Minolta Digimage Z1? The Olympus C-740 can be considered?

Somebody agrees with my opinion?
trevol is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 29, 2004, 4:43 PM   #2

Fuji S7000 is a cool camera. 6mp for a few more bucks over the S5000.
terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2004, 4:59 PM   #3

trevol wrote:
Quote:
FOR ME, what it counts in a digital camera is the following one: Good quality lenses, good optical zoom and the manual adjustments that it allows. Adding these points it is that if it must make the choice. I am right?
Amongst the models to follow, which of them 3 megapixel cameras presents better final resulted? Canon S1, Fuji S5000 or Minolta Digimage Z1? The Olympus C-740 can be considered?

Somebody agrees with my opinion?
disagree,

You forgot to include in your list the Pana FZ3.

Check out the reviews posted on Dpreview, Imaging-resource and also on this site.

There's a side-by-side comparison between the S1 and the FZ3 at Dpreview.com......the FZ3 beats the S1

The FZ3 is a 3.2MP camera, if you need more MPs you can also go for the FZ10, FZ15 or FZ20.

The Pana FZS have everything you need: high quality lens (LEICA), superb optical zoom with OIS (12X) and full manual controls.

If your budget is tight, go for the FZ3.....otherwise go for the FZ20.
fz10_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2004, 8:16 PM   #4

hmm... Konica Minolta Z1 and not Z2 or Z3??
Sivaram Velauthapillai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2004, 3:18 AM   #5

I'm also a huge fan of the FZs, and have an FZ1 and an FZ10 myself.

The Minolta Z1 and Z2 take some pretty grainy pictures. Also, no image stabilization, and F4.5 at the tele end... Not so good. The Z3 does have excellent image stabilization, and a sharp sensor (not as grainy), but f4.5 still means the shutter speed is pretty slow.

The big-lens Fujis don't have image stabilization either but at least some of them have big apertures. I think the S7000 stays at f2.8 all the way.

And don't forget the Canon S1 IS.

The Olympus ones do have sharp lenses, but no image stabilization, and f3.7 at the tele end is going to mean more blur than you'd want (same as with the Minolta Z1 and Z2).

So I recommend the Panasonics.

DCM

DigiCamMan is offline   Reply With Quote