Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 28, 2004, 11:18 PM   #1

If you are looking for a big zoom camera. Please check out the panasonic Lumix FZ series cameras...

The following link compares the 3 new Lumix FZ cameras...

www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vModelComparisonResults?storeId=11251&catalogI d=11005&catGroupId=17168&surfCategory=Lumi x%26%23174%3B%20Digital%20Cameras&items=71418| 71420|71421|

They are the best big zooms out there right now.

I am not tryint to sell cameras or trying to steer you in any direction.

Just check them out and see for yourself. Go try one out and make up your own mind, but at least check them out before you buy.

Just throwing this out there for those of you who are new to this stuff as I was.

Also: I welcome you to come into the Panasonic Forum. We can answere your questions, as well as post plenty of samples for you to look at.

bobc

bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 3, 2004, 2:33 AM   #2

I agree. I'm a HUGE fan of the FZs. I started out with an FZ1 and now have a 10.

DCM
DigiCamMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2004, 3:00 AM   #3

"They are the best big zooms out there right now."

"I am not tryint to sell cameras or trying to steer you in any direction."

Your second claim contradicts your first claim. And vice versa.

What is clear is that you have an obvious bias for Panasonic FZ cameras. Yet you also claim to be entirely objective. Objectivity is not possible when bias is present, as it is with you.

Nothing wrong with bias - and ifone's enthusiasm and preference for a particular camera, or a particular brand,comes up within discussion in a thread, that's fine. But starting a thread to try to deliberately influence people in a particular direction - complete with a rather dramatic title which suggests very important information - is questionable, at best.

For myself,my suggestion to all those new to digital cameras is tofirst narrow things down to the type of camera you want - e.g. - 3x Zoom? 10x Zoom? 3 MP? 4 MP?, etc. - and then look at and research ALL cameras within those parameters. Research as thoroughly as you can. The timeinvested now will save time and money later on.As you become more familiar with digital cameras, you'll be better able to cross some cameras off your list. Eventually, you'll be left with but one camera on your list.
EOS RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2004, 3:33 AM   #4

You can objectively say that no other digital camera out there has lenses equivalent to 420 or 436mm, image stabilized, f2.8 at the tele end, sitting in front of a 5MP sensor. Except a digital SLR with a $5000 lens. And the high-end ones that are comparable (Nikon 8800, Minolta A2, Canon Pro1) all cost a LOT more.

But I will admit that I am more enthusiastic about my Lumix than pure objectivity would justify...8)

DCM

DigiCamMan is offline   Reply With Quote