Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 29, 2004, 4:18 PM   #1

In the next few weeks I plan to upgrade my old digital camera - a Fugifilm A201 with something a bit better.

The A201 has served me well, but I think it's now time to move on. The camera I've had my eye on either a Nikon 4200 or a 5200, as is seems to be quite small, has the zoom level I'm looking for, and is in my price range

I would be mostly using the camera outdoors, and would be taking quite a few moving shots as I follow motorsports, and wondered how well these two cameras can handle moving shots.

pj9875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 29, 2004, 5:30 PM   #2

If you wanna capture outdoor moving shots, you need a camerathat let you control the shutter speed......the Canon A75 could be useful....only 3.2MP but with full manual controls(apertureandshutter speed)...Both Nikon that you´ve mentioned, do not have manual controls, so I think you should discard them.

fz10_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2004, 6:36 PM   #3

here are some samples from an SD300. iisnt too great on outdoor shots unless you know how to work it inside and out.

http://www.superbasspond.com/turnakit/picssd300/

most of the cars were moving at about 35mphand after the first two i underexposed the shots by 1-stop to stop the cars
lemondster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2004, 5:02 PM   #4

If I can I want the camera to use an SD card as I have a spare 512MB SD card that someone gave me, so although the Canon looks good I don't really want it as it doesn't use an SD card.

I've come across another camera that's in my price range (Just) uses SD cards, has a good zoom, and is a nice small camera.

It's a Pentax Optio SV http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_...s/optiosv.htmlIt's says under exposure control manual, so is this what I should be looking out for. I don't know what most of the technical stuff means as my old camera was very basic so I didn't ever need to worry about it.
pj9875 is offline   Reply With Quote