Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 3, 2004, 3:44 PM   #11
Administrator

BoaRd bRYce wrote:
Quote:
I actually checked out B & H, because a professor at my college recommended them. On their website they only carry the FZ10, though.
B&H has the DMC-FZ1, DMC-FZ3, DMC-FZ10, DMC-FZ15, DMC-FZ20 (and other popular Panasonic models) in stock and on their web site.

DMC-FZ15 at B&H - add to cart for lower price
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2004, 3:51 PM   #12

hmm, i wonder why i couldn't find it.i just went to advanced digital cameras andfiltered it for allpanasonic, only the FZ10 and the LC1 showed up. Still,shipping includedits almost $50 more than butterflyphoto.
BoaRd bRYce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2004, 4:02 PM   #13
Administrator

BoaRd bRYce wrote:
Quote:
hmm, i wonder why i couldn't find it.i just went to advanced digital cameras andfiltered it for allpanasonic, only the FZ10 and the LC1 showed up. Still,shipping includedits almost $50 more than butterflyphoto.
Well, I used our price search engine and saw them listed (showing the full list price, versus the discounted price you get when you add it to your card).

http://www50.shopping.com/xPC-Panaso...RID-JypNM4mf52

Then, I went to their web site and used the search filed for DMC-FZ15 (and it also found it that way). Then, I used All Digital Cameras and Filter by Panasonic, and it also found it that way:

All Digital Cameras at B&H - filtered by Panasonic[/quote]

I didn't try "Advanced Digital Cameras" (I've never used this option before). But, you're right, it doesn't show up in that category. They probably need to add it there.

Quote:
Still,shipping includedits almost $50 more than butterflyphoto.

Yes.. Butterfly has a good reputation for low prices on cameras.

But, B&H is a stocking "brick and mortar" dealer (versus the online discounters that are simply havingthe product drop shipped from a distributor like Ingram Micro or Tech Data with a custom shipping label and packingslip).

B&H also has amuch better return policy (no restocking fees if you want a refund within 7 days on digital cameras, or 14 days on other photographic equipment).

Butterfly has a restocking fee (although it's only 10%, and many other discounters charge 20%).

B&H also has good prices on accessories (fast, name brand memory cards, etc.).

Butterfly hasbrands I've never heard of for memory cards, generic batteries, etc. at what I consider to be inflated prices compared to better known brands.

This is a common technique with the vendors that have the best prices on the camera (many shoppers don't check the quality and prices of the accessories -- they only look at the camera price).

It all depends on what kind of vendor you want to deal with. To me, it's worth a few extra bucks to deal with a vendor like B&H.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote