Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 6, 2004, 1:19 PM   #1

I want buy one of this camera but I don't now which is better
piosio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 6, 2004, 1:24 PM   #2

or Minolta Z3 ??
piosio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2004, 1:27 PM   #3

panasonic...........

for what it's worth, i use to be a die hard Minolta guy(film).................there digital cams really put me off........s404 poor AF, D7i regular noise machine, s414 ho hum and last but not least the A2 really unreliable AF.........many shots said AF locked, but they were not.
MichaelL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2004, 3:07 PM   #4

It has a lot to do with what you want to use it for. I'm guessing you have someplace you see a good price on a used D7 – they haven't made it for a couple of years. Minolta had a firmware upgrade you could buy to bring it up close to D7i. I wouldn't buy it without that upgrade. And the D7Hi has a much better buffer if you can find one of those.

The D7i or especially the Hi is a good all-round camera. It gives you wide angle capability, has a great manual zoom ring and is generally competent. It doesn't have a focus assist light, but the viewfinder gains up and the manual focus distance reads out in the viewfinder. I never had much trouble in low light focus with it.

The FZ10 is a great outdoor nature camera. But as an all-round camera it is limited. The flash is weak and low light is a real nuisance. I would recommend a FZ3 over it if price is a big consideration, or the FZ20 in much better than the FZ10 if you can afford the cost. It has a powerful flash and focus assist lamp, so it is very good as an all-round camera.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote