Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 12, 2004, 3:30 PM   #1

I currently own a canon a80 and can't decide to whether i should keep it or sell it and get a new camera before the a80 price fall. what should i do? thanks.
trunksu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 12, 2004, 4:12 PM   #2

Unless you like being on the bleeding-edge of cameras, I would keep it. The differences between the A80 and latest (A95) is not that great. You aren't missing much. However, if you want to upgrade to a higher-priced more feature-oriented camera (eg. ultra-zoom, low-end prosumer, etc) then you should consider selling (just so that you can get more cash; do note that the higher-end cameras are larger so you will lose the compactness if you move into a higher class)...
Sivaram Velauthapillai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2004, 4:22 PM   #3
rp3

so other than depreciation, what do you not like about the A80.

Keep in mind the a80 will not be alone on the falling price issue. I had an Olympus Stylus 300 that I replaced even dollar with an SD100. Within 2 months the stylusturned intoa $300 camera and the Powershot became a $230 camera.

I had replaced cameras pretty often to that point (the SD100 was my 11th camera in4 years) so I of course saw opportunity to get a new camera everytime I went to the store.

Then it hit me... I was crazy about my camera. So much so that until an upgraded model of it (the SD110 didn't count because I felt it was the same camera), the camera was worth more to me than whatever I could sell it for or trade.
rp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2004, 4:56 PM   #4

Yea i was considering the a95.

Quote:
so other than depreciation, what do you not like about the A80.
I love my a80 is just that...
I don't know every since i saw the quality of the canon rebel I keep telling myself to upgrade.

Quote:
do note that the higher-end cameras are larger so you will lose the compactness if you move into a higher class)...
That was the one thing that I really like about the a80 b/c it's just right for me.

thanks for your input you guys. i'll guess i be sticking with my a80 for just a lil longer.
trunksu is offline   Reply With Quote