Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 13, 2004, 12:49 AM   #1

Hallo,

I own a coolpix 5000 but for some purpouses it's not so good as I need....I plan to buy a new Camera but I don't know really which to buy....

Coolpix 8800
Sony F828
Konica-Minolta A2

I would appreciate a powerfull macro very much..but I would like also fast focus times....of course sharpness....
Can you guys help me?

Thank you!!!!
ricardo.villanueva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 13, 2004, 4:53 AM   #2

Hi!
I would suggest you to buy coolpix 8800, since itslens is really excellent. But you are reminded for the high distortion and slow writing to memory cards
Moreover, i would like to suggest you another prosumer camera, which is Dimage A200. It is another model from Konica Minolta. It is a reduced version of A2, but added a few new features. Say faster LSI, CxProcess 3 and a twist Lcd. I can assure you that the image quality is better than A2. The images are less noisy and sharper.On the other side, the low-light focusing is still no so good.
wilson389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 4:54 AM   #3

Oh! by the way, you may be interested in the sample images of A200 http://konicaminolta.com/products/co...00/sample.html
wilson389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 9:11 AM   #4

Have you also looked at the Olympus 8800. Cheapest of the bunch now around $650 and built like a tank
chrisdsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 9:45 AM   #5

wilson389 wrote:
Quote:
On the other side, the low-light focusing is still no so good.
I see this quite often & have to wonder who it is that can't figure out how to use this camera. I have used both a Minolta 7i & now an A1 & both focus extremely well in total darkness (the camera switches to a B&W night vision but still takes the image in color).