Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 13, 2004, 2:31 AM   #1

All I want is a camera that has a screen of 2.5inc with no view finder i believe it is called. It also must have a favorablepocket sized shape, about 4+ mega pixels and its mpg is very good quality(Pics/MPG at nice would be nice to). Oh and no red eye ! I have looked at thesony cyber shot dsc t1 and its got red eye alot i belive other than that it would have been perfect if it was not for the red eye.

- Thanks Newbie Steve
Stevea927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 13, 2004, 2:04 PM   #2

How about Sony W1? Or Panasonic DMC-FX7? Canon SD300 is good too but it only has 2" LCD (not sure how much you care about 0.5")...

You have to do your own research to figure out if the pic quality and other issues like red-eye are ok with you...
Sivaram Velauthapillai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 2:14 PM   #3
Administrator

Stevea927 wrote:
Quote:
All I want is a camera that has a screen of 2.5inc with no view finder i believe it is called. It also must have a favorablepocket sized shape, about 4+ mega pixels and its mpg is very good quality(Pics/MPG at nice would be nice to). Oh and no red eye ! I have looked at thesony cyber shot dsc t1 and its got red eye alot i belive other than that it would have been perfect if it was not for the red eye.
As a general rule, the closer the flash is to a camera's lens, the greater the chance of redeye. Your best bet for not getting any redeye is by having a model with an external flash, located further from the camera's lens. But, redeye is realtively easy to reduce with software later if camera size is more important.

You may also want to look at things like flash range when shopping for a smaller camera. You'll see flash range in a camera's specifications. For example, the DSC-T1 flash range is only 5 feet at wide angle (and probably a bit less using zoom). Cameras with a flash this weak are better suited for use outdoors.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote