Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

View Poll Results: FujiFilm S3000 or E510 (Please help!)
S3000 0 0%
E510 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 14, 2004, 11:43 AM   #1

I am looking to get a new digital camera, but can decide between the 2 above. I have read the reviews here...but still undicided.

I mainly need it for outdoors, and indoors every now and then. I looked at both cameras physically and the S3000 is a bit too large but it has great optical Zoom...the downsize is that I don't like the electronic viewfinder and that it takes 4 batteries.

On the other hand the E510 has great "wide angle" as I take lots of pictures ourdoors!!

Please help!! :?:?:?
multigroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 14, 2004, 12:04 PM   #2

You seem to have refined the parameters pretty well. Scenic shots are great with a wide angle and you will get more pictures with a camera small enough to carry more often. And indoor shots are often better with a wide angle for things like group shots where you can't get far enough away. If you tend to shoot wildlife the long zoom probably outweighs the benefits of size and wide angle.

My personal preference would probably be the 510, but I have another camera with a long telephoto for nature type photography. The 510 focuses better in low light, has a stronger flash and has enough pixels to make a large print for your wall.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 12:40 PM   #3

I also have an 35mm SLR camera (NikonF65)that I use to take pictures of wildlife...but as I mentioned I would like something that is small to carry to family gatherings and other functions.

I am mainly intersted in FujiFilm cameras because I already have some XD cards, but I am open to other recommendations.

Thanks!
multigroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 2:24 PM   #4

Small cameras with a zoom wide angle lens are rare. There aren't many choices other than the 510. Ricoh makes one for the overseas market but they don't market it in the US.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote