Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 1, 2005, 11:52 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 162
Default

LSS wrote:
Quote:
That's a nice shot of...bushes/trees?? I compared the S1 and the FZ using shots of my son's basketball team playing in a gymnasium. I also compared shots from both cameras of my kids riding their bikes outdoors in full sunlight. Not only were the S1 shots sharper indoors and out, but the gymnasium shots from the FZ were somewhat yellowish while the S1 gymnasium picture color was right on.

I am new to digital photography and have limited experience with film photography. But the Canon S1 gave me much better results than the Panasonic FZ. I would recommend the S1 over the FZ by a long shot. A great 3.2 mega pixel camera.

I also printed out some very good 8.5x11 and 8x10 phots from my HP 7310 printer. I was really surprised by how good the pictures looked from a 3.2 mega pixel camera.
My shot was not intended to win an art award.

The point is that the contrast and sharpness are good (although mine are turned down to low on my camera, along with saturation, per recommendations).

If the FZ color is yellowish then some adjustment may be necessary. Just because you didn't have great results does not mean that the camera is bad. There is a learning curve to everything and you have to be willing to accept that.
tacticalnuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2005, 1:16 AM   #32
LSS
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7
Default

For me, the bottom line was that I got great results from the Canon S1 and something far less than that from the Panasonic FZ. I wish you continued success with the Panasonic tacticalnuke. I'll stick with the S1.
LSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2005, 1:46 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 838
Default

tacticalnuke wrote:
Quote:
Actually most recommend Mode 2 because it offers a greater degree of stabilization and does not interfere with shot composition (ie camera shake results directly in image viewing shake, and is more natural).
Mode 2 is supposedly better in reducing blurriness. However the problem is that it is not active while composing the pic. You say that you actually like it that way and consider it more "natural" but some would consider that a disadvantage.

It's tough to say which is "better". It's really a personal preference IMO...
Sivaram Velauthapillai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2005, 10:54 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 162
Default

Sivaram Velauthapillai wrote:
Quote:
tacticalnuke wrote:
Quote:
Actually most recommend Mode 2 because it offers a greater degree of stabilization and does not interfere with shot composition (ie camera shake results directly in image viewing shake, and is more natural).
Mode 2 is supposedly better in reducing blurriness. However the problem is that it is not active while composing the pic. You say that you actually like it that way and consider it more "natural" but some would consider that a disadvantage.

It's tough to say which is "better". It's really a personal preference IMO...
It's definitely personal preference. I use Mode 2 because it offers a better degree of stabilization and to me it's more natural.
tacticalnuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2005, 1:08 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 838
Default

tacticalnuke wrote:
Quote:
It's definitely personal preference. I use Mode 2 because it offers a better degree of stabilization and to me it's more natural.
If I had a Panasonic I would use mode 2 too. I would pick the one that reduces the blurriness the most, and that's mode 2...
Sivaram Velauthapillai is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:25 PM.