Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 18, 2004, 12:07 PM   #1

I want to buy an easy to use digital camera that takes good pictures. I would like to take extreme close-up, portrait types and what I would call the usual type of picture i.e typical tourist. I occasionally sell things on Ebay, so that is why I want good close-up pictures. My memory is shot, so that is why I need a simple camera. If I have to take out the instructions every time I want to use it, I don't want it. If the camera is too technical I can't remember how to use it, since it is not used on a daily basis. If I want to take close-ups do I have to buy a lens for that purpose, or do cameras come with that feature built in? Also, have any recommendations on photo printers?
bugster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 18, 2004, 2:18 PM   #2

Hi

I'd recommend the Canon SD500 digital camera. It's takes very good pictures and is really compact.

Gary Hendricks
gary_hendr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2004, 2:36 PM   #3

I might be new to digital cameras, but from what I've been told and read, Nikon's have the best Macro (very close up) mode. It doesn't sound like you need 5 megapixels, so maybe the Coolpix 4200 or 4100? Then again, as I said, I am new to digital, so I would reccomend talking to someone more experienced before making a definite choice.

Jack
Jack B. Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2004, 4:21 PM   #4

You should look at the nikon coolpix 3700 !!!
ed33 is offline   Reply With Quote