Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 19, 2004, 7:46 PM   #1

I cannot decide which digital camera to get for christmas.
I am debating between the Kodak CX7330, the Canon Powershot A75, and the HP Photosmart M307.

I would like to ask for something cheaper, the kodak is only $150 when the Canon is $200. My purposes will be taking pictures of friends, places around city, places at my land in country, and friends skateboarding. I also want to shoot some videos of skating just to have, so video quality is important.
I saw videos taken by the canon and the kodak - the kodak's was so-so, very pixelated when the canon's looked very good! both had bad frames per second but the canon looked very clear even when WMP was extra big.

Which should I get? If you have any comments on any of these cameras, or any recommendations ( >$200), i would appreciate it.
s5pitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 20, 2004, 11:20 AM   #2

Anyone?
I cant believe no one has anything to say about the kodak or canon! :O
Old Dec 20, 2004, 1:22 PM   #3

I can't even find really complete reviews for two of those cameras. I suggest you look through Steve's best camera list. The A75 is on it along with some Kodaks. If you click on a camera you will get the full review – make sure to read the conclusions page as it discusses things like shutter lag and startup time. http://www.steves-digicams.com/best_cameras.html

Dave at Imaging Resource lists the Olympus D-580 zoom as his budget choice and Steve has it on his best cameras. If 3Mp is sufficient the Canon A75 is a highly regarded of camera in its class.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2004, 3:31 PM   #4

Alright thanks

I went to the link and skimmed through reviews for the Canon and a camera one step above the 7330 (the 7430) and both were positive. I will be using my cam to shoot videos too (not expecting great quality, just for fun) and both cameras had good quality. In the 7430's video, it was clear and seemed to run smoother than the Canon's....

Do you think the 7330 and the 7430($200 like canon) have the same video quality? If so, i'm going for the cheaper 7330.
I don't really need the customization when shooting, id rather have it more straight forward.

Old Dec 20, 2004, 10:16 PM   #5

Okay well i just noticed that the Canon A75 has a video resolution of 640 x 480 pixels in movie mode, when the Kodak has only 320 x 240 resolution in movie mode...

If anyone has the CX7330, could you tell me if the video quality is as bad as the one posted on the bottom of
http://www.digicamreview.co.uk/kodak...330_review.htm
Old Dec 20, 2004, 11:17 PM   #6

The video is 340 X 280 at 15fps. It doesn't get much worse than that.

The A75 movies are a little jerky at 15fps, but 640 X 480 gives reasonable quality.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2004, 11:52 PM   #7

slipe wrote:
Quote:
The video is 340 X 280 at 15fps. It doesn't get much worse than that.

The A75 movies are a little jerky at 15fps, but 640 X 480 gives reasonable quality.
Okay so the kodak's is REALLY that bad? I guess ill be getting the canons, which meet my expectations with the video.

P.S. do the PNY cards fail? i heard they do...