Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 21, 2004, 3:25 PM   #1

I`m deciding between cameras in this price rank.I will mostly use it for family photos but will also try to produce more "artistic" stuf (this camera will be my first digital one). I am not sure if s7000 is stil "up to date" but it has larger amount of megapixels and a litle bit less noice, I think, although it hasn`t got image z3s stabilization technology. Zoom isn`t so important to me, i mostly want to get as good photo quality as it is posibile in this price rank. So which should I buy and of course if you have any other suggestion that would be useful for my purposes, please tell me about it.
Thank you!
ador is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 21, 2004, 3:31 PM   #2

I would recommend the Panasonic FZ15 or FZ20. The Panasonic FZ3 is also a great choice. An Olympus 5060 would also be an excellent choice.

I own 2 olympus cameras and find them easy to use while taking great pictures. My first digital camera was a Fuji 1.3 MP model and the image quality on ut was great as well.

There are so many cameras on the market today its tough making a decision, but you wouldnt go wrong with either of the cameras I have recommended. In addition to taking great shots and being able to by and large use them as point and shoot right out of teh box, they all offer many advanced features that will allow you to 'grow into' the camera and do neat things as you learn

Good luck!
David756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2004, 1:30 AM   #3

... and there's the Olympus C-750, C-765, C-770; Nikon 5700; Fuji s-5100;Pentax MX4... and more...

Take a look around.

By the way, most people complain of MORE noise with the Fuji S-7000, not less.
EOS RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2004, 3:59 AM   #4

There has been a problem reported with the control dial on the 5060. I don't know how wide spread it is, or in what manner Olympus is addressing the problem. My brother just experienced the problem first hand, but he's waiting until after the holidays to send it in for repair. His camerais a factory refurb rather than new though. The problem arose shortly after his 90-day warranty had expired. HeIS extremely pleased with the picture quality.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2004, 10:22 AM   #5

It is inevitable that with any electronic device that is mass produced, there is going to be some issue with some units.

I have two Olympus, my brother has one and I have friends with various models and none of us has ever had a problem.

I would guess that I have shot over 25,000 images with my C3000 and it keeps right on taking pictures. I did send it off to have it cleaned after 3 years.

So, I wouldnt be overly concerned about that one problem. I dont know that I would buy a refurb camera. I have bought a refurb PC and for the 150 bucks I saved, I more than paid that in headaches and fights with the manufacturer....
David756 is offline   Reply With Quote