Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 2, 2005, 12:17 PM   #21

snap wrote:
Quote:
i dont see many differences, does anyone have a lin kto both reviews or a place that compares them?
Here is a side-by-side comparison of Canon G6 vs Sony V3:

side-by-side

Reviews of G6:
Steve's
dpreview.com
dcresource

Reviews of Sony DSC-V3:
Steve's
dpreview
dcresource

G6 vs V3 pics:
dcresource shootout
(Steve also has a shootout but I can't find the link to that comparison)

Also make sure you want these low-zooms over ultra-zooms. For example, have you decided whether you want an ultra-zoom like Panasonic FZ20 or a low-zoom like Sony V3/Canon G6/etc?
Sivaram Velauthapillai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2005, 12:47 PM   #22

can someone show me some pictures of the zoom quality`s of these low zooms? ive seen the ultra zoom pics but i dont think i would need this much of a zoom,but yeah i havent seen what the low zoom`s can do and untill then ill be undecided.any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan
snap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2005, 1:03 PM   #23

and by that i meant what the cameras fully zoomed pictures look like....thanks.

Ryan

Old Jan 2, 2005, 1:09 PM   #24

one more question because i got some updates on our money situation, what are the next cameras up and how much of a quality differece would come with them?would they be worth the extra money?
Old Jan 2, 2005, 4:24 PM   #25

hiall.. I can't choose wich camera is best..Please can you help me... in this sphere I am not good... I am pick these models (casio exlim ex z55, panasonic dmc fx7, sony cyber-shot t1,,,,or t3....I want to have realy good , modern, (best) digicam in others items....please help me...thanks

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/comp...3&show=all
m@nekenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2005, 5:51 PM   #26

[email protected] wrote:
Quote:
hiall.. I can't choose wich camera is best..Please can you help me... in this sphere I am not good... I am pick these models (casio exlim ex z55, panasonic dmc fx7, sony cyber-shot t1,,,,or t3....I want to have realy good , modern, (best) digicam in others items....please help me...thanks

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/comp...3&show=all
i dotn eman to be a bother but coudl you edit and post your psot i na new thread so it dosent confuse others and make it hard on myself to see the replies that woudl be meant for me.sorry , it wouldbe nice though...

Ryan
Old Jan 3, 2005, 2:02 AM   #27

ok well to make it easier when it comes time to purchase my camera heres what im trying to, o yeah before that a little update on my current money scenario. we will be may be geting to spend anywhere from 650 - 1000$ so back to my point, im trying to see the best cameras different price ranges from 650$ 750$ 850$ too 1000$ ... so yeah ill pick the camera i want in each price range in the next month or so because thats when we get our income tax check.... so heres my rquirements and al lthe help will once again be appreciated.

must be good with action shots as 95 % wil be of outside nature and outside action photos.

good black and white qualities

sizie dosent matter as long as it`s good but i would like to have a nice beefy camera i can grip.

zoom isint a problem but id like atleast 4 x but more woudent hurt at all as i will be doing a few far away shots of building, archetechture (spell check) etc.

print out woudl be anywhere from small regular sized prints to veary seldom 8 x 10`s

movie capability isint a factor/quality isint a factor

IS would almost be a must with action shots but ill also be useing a tripod at times ,either way i will be taking more from free hand then tripod .

and since i will be doing alot of fast action shots i think fast shutter speeds would definatly be a big help?

thanks again for all your great help.
Old Jan 3, 2005, 9:03 AM   #28

snap wrote:
Quote:
can someone show me some pictures of the zoom quality`s of these low zooms? ive seen the ultra zoom pics but i dont think i would need this much of a zoom,but yeah i havent seen what the low zoom`s can do and untill then ill be undecided.any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan
You know, you can search around yourself. These people are being very kind and I'd be pretty angry if you didn't even try to look yourself. Did you try to look around the forums? Search on google? I for one do not like holding someone's hand and doing all the work for them when selecting a camera.
tacticalnuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 9:04 AM   #29

snap wrote:
Quote:
i dont see many differences, does anyone have a lin kto both reviews or a place that compares them?
You could *gasp* read the reviews or search on google.
tacticalnuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 10:35 AM   #30

ok well i didnt mean to make anyone mad or expect you to hold my hand and yes ive been doing lots of research and browsing tech corners, forums, everything because not only must i learn aobtu this i WANT to with a passion.and how else would i have found the forum in the first place? but i figured if you guy`s had a quick link you could throw it my way or just take a whole *gasp* one mintue of your time to help me that wouldent be a problem.i guess it would though so ill take my questiosn somewhere else but i thank you for the help you did give guy`s.

best regard`s

Ryan