Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 4, 2005, 2:25 AM   #41

well i didnt get to go out camera looking today, but i have one more question....would the 750 $ or 850 $ cameras be worth it? like if i get to spend 1000 its gonna be the nikon D70 but lets say i only get 85-$ shoudl i still just stick with the canon G6 and save the other money? thanks again.

Ryan
snap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:21 PM   #42

okso after alot of reviews,checking around, and overall study i have narrowed my search for the 850$ price range camera, so far i have the Nikon coolpix 8800,canon power-shot pro 1, and the Sony dSC-f828. i take it these are the top competitors for the 850 $ range? any other cameras i should look at or should i just look into these three deeply as any other camera wouldn't be as the top one out of these three? either way im going to do more research on the three and will report back, any suggestions,comments would be appreciated in the mean time.thanks again

Ryan
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:30 PM   #43
Administrator

You may want to include a DSLR model in your list, too (for example, the Canon Digital Rebel).

This model would focus much faster than the non-DSLR cameras for action purposes, with it's Optical Viewfinder offering advantages for following moving subjects compared to models using EVF displays(although it does have buffer limitations compared to more expensive DSLR models -- limiting your number of shots before the camera needs to slow down for writes to the memory card).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:50 PM   #44

i never thought of includeing a dslr in my 850 $ camera price list, because im sperating cameras in price ranges and picking the best one for each price range ,would a didgital rebel be in the 850 $ price range? from a reputable dealer that is? i seen two for around 963$ from overstock.com and from dell

so far i have

650$--canon powershot G6

750$-- ?

850$-- ?

1000$ Nikon D70 , pentax ist*DS

any suggestions for the two undecided spots woudl be great, if i coudl fit a dslr into the 850 $ into the 850$ or so price range that would be my obvious choice.Thanks again, all the help is veary much appreciated.

Ryan
Old Jan 5, 2005, 1:48 PM   #45
Administrator

snap wrote:
Quote:
i never thought of includeing a dslr in my 850 $ camera price list, because im sperating cameras in price ranges and picking the best one for each price range ,would a didgital rebel be in the 850 $ price range?
Check any vendor's reputation using http://www.resellerratings.com, as well as reading the customer reviews in our Shopping Guide.

You'll see that a number of reputable dealers have this model for around $850.00 or less, including an 18-55mm lens (or evenlower without the lens). This is before the current Canon $100.00 rebate, which brings your price down to around $750.00.

Canon Digital Rebel with EF-S 18-55mm Lens

Canon's current rebate offer also lets you double or triple your rebate when you purchase the Digital Rebel with one or more qualifying EF lenses.

Cick on the Digital Rebel Rebate Offerfrom thislink (currently at the bottom left with a Save up to $300.00 on Digital Rebel Description). You'll see a whole list of links about how the rebate works (and they even have rebate calculators online). If they move where it is around, you can alsoget to itvia the Promotions Menu Choice at the top of the page.

http://www.usa.canon.com/nfl/

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 1:51 PM   #46

I would honestly never buy one of those "prosumer" megazooms (although 8X is sketchy as to whether it's mega). Either get a cheaper megazoom or go all the way to dSLR. To stop half-way is kind of silly in my opinion. $850 for a P&S just doesn't seem justified.
tacticalnuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 2:02 PM   #47

ok then il just go with my plans as followed, im either geting a canon g6 ,nikon D70, or a pentax ist*DS thank you guy`s for all your wonderfulll help with my future purchase. now i just gotta wait for the income tax check .i wish you all the best of luck with your photograph`s and take care.

Ryan