Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 7, 2005, 3:23 PM   #11

That car pic is blurry... the night bridge pics are pretty good given that it is low-light pics...
Sivaram Velauthapillai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2005, 3:25 PM   #12

I think a camera with IS will beat your camera at high-zoom... I'm not dissing you but I think my Canon S1 IS can beat yours for pics like your car (bright light telephoto)... anyway, no offense... I think image stabilization helps a lot (if you don't use tripod)...
Old Jan 7, 2005, 9:02 PM   #13

I think it should be slightly blurry, handheld20ft away, withdim indoor lighting, & no IS, I'm not looking for a competition!, Maybe the Canon will? but after checking it out, it turned me off, and I own an A40,,, anyway,just showing what the camera can do in the right hands, don't claim to be the steadiest shooter, besides if you own a Canon S1what are you doing in the Fugi forum?,,, come to dis us? besides it's alot different having a lighted picture a (light source) to shoot at, then the R/C truck.
MikDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2005, 1:03 PM   #14

ummmm...this isn't the fuji forum, it's the "what camera should I buy" forum! Just thought you should know!
fffun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2005, 3:38 PM   #15

MikDee wrote:
Quote:
I think it should be slightly blurry, handheld20ft away, withdim indoor lighting, & no IS, I'm not looking for a competition!, Maybe the Canon will? but after checking it out, it turned me off, and I own an A40,,, anyway,just showing what the camera can do in the right hands, don't claim to be the steadiest shooter, besides if you own a Canon S1what are you doing in the Fugi forum?,,, come to dis us? besides it's alot different having a lighted picture a (light source) to shoot at, then the R/C truck.

This isn't hte Fuji forum but anyway... I just pointed out the S1 IS should be better with that car pic because it has image stabilization. I mentioned earlier that I would go with a camera with IS instead of another with 1 more megapixel. So I'm just supporting my argument... this isn't a diss of your camera or your photography skills or anything...

My point is that I would go with IS over 1 more MP...
Old Jan 10, 2005, 8:37 AM   #16

fffn1, you're right!,,, forgot whereI was momentarily, sorry,,,lol

Sivaram, Iget your point, I have a Canon A40 that I love, and was looking to upgrade from Canon, I was disappointedwith the S1,I actuallypreferall else about the fugiS5100 over the S1,except the fact that it has noIS, but I did find out surprisingly, thatmost pics are good enuff for me without it.
MikDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 11:20 AM   #17

His picture isn't blurry, it's just not focused.

I will never buy a large zoom without IS. I own the Pana FZ10 and cannot see how I would use the camera without IS.
tacticalnuke is offline   Reply With Quote