Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 7, 2005, 3:18 AM   #1

I know that there has been many discussions about the d70 and 300d. I am still deciding between the two, and reading other discussions do not really help. So i would like to know whichproduces better raw files? Are there more supports for nikon or canon raw? And if my main use of camera is for close-up and product photography, which would u recommend?
master is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 7, 2005, 8:14 AM   #2

I have just dropped the coin and purchased the NIKON D70. I couldn't be happier with it. It is amazing!.. Incredible picture quality, incredible speed, LONG battery life, ease of operation, Great NIKON lenses!. This is the utlitmate!..

I tested out the Canon and I have had a PowerShot for about 5 years, and I really went to the photography shop thinking I wanted the Rebel, however, after they demonstrated the Nikon to me, I was convinced!.. The pictures are awesome and the camera is SUPERB!.. I love it!..

I can't attach even the medium pictures to this post due to size limitations, however if you are interested, I can email them to you if you request at [email protected].

B

WHorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2005, 10:30 AM   #3

Another vote for the D70 here (yes, I have one, so I might be a little biased). From what I can tell, the Digital Rebel is a dumbed down version of the D10 wheras the D70 has been built from the ground up and adds some features not present in the more expensive D100. Plus the D70 can be bought with the excellent 18-70 DX lens.
Arizona_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2005, 12:13 PM   #4

i have been leaning toward the nikon too. Thanks. Does anyone know if canon is coming out with anything to replace the 300d soon? maybe something in its class/price range?
master is offline   Reply With Quote