Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 11, 2005, 8:11 PM   #11

I went in and talked to the store manager, of coursehe initially tried to convince me the cameras were comparable. I list various reasons why they weren't. So he made a call or two to see why they were given the A 75 as a repalcement. He said if it was canon who did the substitution then it could get a lil tricky. He also was trying to track down another replacement, but it was late in the day and getting in touch with canon or thier repair centre and whomever else was going to take some time. But he did mention the S50 as a replacement, assuming they could find one I suppose. So i left and need to call back in a day or so. when I got home i called canon's support and asked if the A75 would of been a worthy substitute. Of cours this being store extended warrenty the canon guy could not verify anything, but he did say the A75 was not. He said I should of gotten my S30 repaired or an S30 replacement or another S series, maybe the S40 S45 ect. The canon Rep said it was possible that the repair centre could of sent the A75 as a repalcement, but it would of had to beauthorized. I think the store simply grabbedan A75 from unsold stock. So I'll haveget back to them ASAP.
okedis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 6:56 PM   #12

Went in a few days later, and the guy who takes care of repairs told me they are just trying to track down an S50 (and it's black!) and that I'll be contacted when it arrives.It's nice to get an upgrade:-).I'm satisfied,doubt I'll buy there again though.

Thanks All!
okedis is offline   Reply With Quote