Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 8, 2005, 10:51 PM   #1

I am going to sell my Olympus C-2100 UZ and upgrade. I've pretty much decided on one of these two Panasonics. The only differenceI discern between the two is hot shoe capability and 1 megapixel. I use the camera for personal enjoyment shooting pictures of the grandchildren, wildlife and our annual winter vacations. Also is there a preferred brand f SD card and what size do you suggest. Thanks for a reply. Old Sarge
Old Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 9, 2005, 11:39 AM   #2

Ask Panasonic users (on their forum) for memory card ideas...

I think the FZ15 has inferior video compared to FZ20 (no sound or something like that--have to check).

I always felt that one should go with the FZ20 or FZ3... I say go with the FZ20...
Sivaram Velauthapillai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 5:29 PM   #3

i've had the fz20 for several weeks and i love it. i believe it also has made improvements to the "operating engine" circuitry that improves overall performance over fz15. be sure to get extra battery and high memory disk. you can get a higher power battery at overstock.com for around 25 dollars or so and i got a 512 mb ultra from sandisk from circuit city for a reasonalble price. i love this camera. very well made and lots of bells and wistles and is fast and takes great pics. good value. of course a good review from steve's helped in decision to buy as well as this forum regarding the phayee adapter and hama lens hood.
Prof.Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 3:19 PM   #4

Thanks for your input. It was very helpful. Old Sarge
Old Jan 11, 2005, 6:52 PM   #5

Prof.Joe wrote:
Quote:
i've had the fz20 for several weeks and i love it. i believe it also has made improvements to the "operating engine" circuitry that improves overall performance over fz15. be sure to get extra battery and high memory disk. you can get a higher power battery at overstock.com for around 25 dollars or so and i got a 512 mb ultra from sandisk from circuit city for a reasonalble price. i love this camera. very well made and lots of bells and wistles and is fast and takes great pics. good value. of course a good review from steve's helped in decision to buy as well as this forum regarding the phayee adapter and hama lens hood.

The two are the same except for MPs, video in movie mode, hotshoe and a few other minor things. They are exactly the same inside and out.
tacticalnuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2005, 8:26 PM   #6

Thanks for the info., with that in mind I've ordered the FZ15 since I will use it infrequently in movie mode and the hot shoe isn't that important to me. Old Sarge