Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 12, 2005, 7:24 PM   #11

i want to spend around that, this is just camera ONLY, not including anything else, if it ends up being $220 or $230 thats fine to.
APowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 8:19 PM   #12

It's a little bit over, but you can get a Canon PowerShot A-85 (4 megapixels) for less than 210 bucks at www.buydig.com I have bought several cameras from them with no problem. This Canon comes with a 32 Meg CF card, which is probably less than you will want, but pretty generous compared with other cameras in this price range. The A-75 has the same size starter CF card included.

I have the A-75 and like it. You can easily care it in a jacket pocket, but I wouldn't want to carry in a pants pocket, unless the pants were pretty baggy.

Good luck!
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 8:29 PM   #13

My girlfriend's sister has an A75 which is a pretty nice camera, but a little big to be considered a "pocketable".

You'd need at least a 256mb card to do a 3 or 4 meg camera justice, which can be had for about $25-30 if you shop around carefully.

terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 1:46 AM   #14

Well if no one has any other suggestions, i think ill go with the Canon A75 or a85. But while im at the store ill take a look at all the other cameras that were talked about on the forum here.
APowers is offline   Reply With Quote