Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 13, 2005, 6:42 PM   #1

So I've been looking around for a new camera, mainly to solve a specific problem - flash recharge time. My Sony DSC-P10 takes quite a while to recharge the flash. I played with a DSC-V3, and it suffers similarly - at least at far subject distances.

Is this just a "feature" of most digital cameras? Do I have to move up to a dSLR and/or external flash to get a decent response time here? Maybe my expectations are just a bit too high

Any thoughts?
ccallana is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 13, 2005, 8:55 PM   #2

ccallana wrote:
Quote:
So I've been looking around for a new camera, mainly to solve a specific problem - flash recharge time. My Sony DSC-P10 takes quite a while to recharge the flash. I played with a DSC-V3, and it suffers similarly - at least at far subject distances.

Is this just a "feature" of most digital cameras? Do I have to move up to a dSLR and/or external flash to get a decent response time here? Maybe my expectations are just a bit too high

Any thoughts?
It'll depend on batteries/etc. but the problem is most digital cameras just have a flash to say that they have a flash. It's not really useful and makes people (not necessarily you) think their cameras can do things they cannot. My recommendation is an external flash. Even with these a full discharge on full battery takes quite a bit of time to recharge. Granted you'll most likely not use full discharge much on a nice external flash.
tacticalnuke is offline   Reply With Quote