Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 14, 2005, 12:12 AM   #1

Here's the deal. Currently, I have both the p100 and sd300. I initially purchased the p100, took some great photosand was really happy with it. Then, I go to the store and see the canon sd300 and fell in love with the size and big screen. I just got it today and now I cant decide which one to keep. This su$%cks! I only want to own one camera. I would like something to carry around easily and also want something that has excellent image quality. I'm only a casual shooter (outings & vacations)My p100 has taken some fantastic outdoor photos but so far I havent had the chance to test my SD300 outdoors yet. Hopefully tomorrow. So far from the indoor shots I took the canon seems to have a softer effect on photos but they still look great. Sony definitely seems sharper. I'm just so confused now, both cameras are great but I was hoping a few of you guys would help me make my decision with a few comments. Please help
Vaheelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 14, 2005, 9:20 AM   #2
rp3

I choose the SD200 over the P100 back when the 200 first came out. The cameras are both small, high quality with a 3x zoom. My choice came down to asethics.

The SD300 has more video modes (640 and 160 are shared but the 320 mode is only on the SD300 which, once you see how large the files are, will be a value)

The memory stick is a less universal standard so you will spend more initially for it and will not be likely to use it on your next camera.

The SD300 weighs a third less. To put the weight into perspective, the S500 and the P100 weigh the same amount.

rp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 9:46 AM   #3

man you don't need to be confused about making your choice, obviously the SD300 is a better choice, go sell ur p100, buy an extra battery and a large memory stick for your sd300 , and look at yourself in the mirror how happy you're gonna be, am a camera addict, and i've searched every digital camera in the world for the things i love to have in the camera, obviously combining performance and mobility it's the sd300, although i wouldn't mind it to be an sd500 (with 5mpixel sensor) but still the 4 meg seems ok for me...!
hatembitar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 6:50 PM   #4

thanks for the response guys...its gonna be the SD300...the overall size, large lcd, the simplicity of the interface, and how it feels in my hand has sold me on it. the p100 is a great camera but i think the SD300 just hasmore of a "wow" factor. cheers!
Vaheelius is offline   Reply With Quote