Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 16, 2005, 4:39 AM   #1

I need a camera that can take photos of playing kids both outdoors and indoors. I have looked at sony v3,canon g6 and olym 5060 but i dont now if the canon or the olym. is good for moving objects.
I am open for any suggestions but it must have a hotshoe for indoor photos to avoid redeye
cjoscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 16, 2005, 2:43 PM   #2

cjoscar wrote:
Quote:
I need a camera that can take photos of playing kids both outdoors and indoors. I have looked at sony v3,canon g6 and olym 5060 but i dont now if the canon or the olym. is good for moving objects.
I am open for any suggestions but it must have a hotshoe for indoor photos to avoid redeye
Any of those three cameras, and indeed most digital cameras, have more than enough shutter speed to capture moving objects (unless your kids are strapped to a rocket sled, in which case all bets are off).

However, I have a feeling that you meant to ask about lag times, which have nothing to do with the adequate capture of moving objects. Lag times happen any time you take a picture, whether or not the subject happens to be moving. If you meant to discuss lag times, then you can go to the reviews and find those times there.

Another suggestion, ifyou can get by with a few less mp's,would be to look at the Sony V1 and Nikon 5400. Nikon had a $200 rebate a while back for the 5400, and might still be going on....

PhilR.

PhilR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 4:32 PM   #3

yes i meant lag time and focus time.
and i looked at both sony v1 and nikon 5400
but the price differens between those 5 cameras isnt that big in denmark. of course if picturequality is better in the 5mp
its worth considering(noise ect.)
cjoscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 10:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Another suggestion, ifyou can get by with a few less mp's,would be to look at the Sony V1 and Nikon 5400. Nikon had a $200 rebate a while back for the 5400, and might still be going on....
The $200 rebate is still in effect for Nikon USA, until March 31. I own this camera (and also a 5700) for my outdoor photography. At a net cost of under $300, it's a lot of bang for the buck.

I'm not sure if there would be a similar offer in Europe, but he may want to check.
K6AZ is offline   Reply With Quote