Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 16, 2005, 4:51 PM   #1

I just recently got an Canon a85 for Christmas, but now I'm wondering if I should even upgrade to an A95. The swivel LCD screen might be good. But I'm not really looking to make any bigger prints than 8 x 10. However, I do want the best possible image out there. So do you think I should upgrade? Thanks for your time!!
jarrettmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 17, 2005, 10:18 AM   #2

An advice would be greatly appreciated!! thanks!!
jarrettmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2005, 10:41 AM   #3

I'm not sure what the price difference is. The A95 does have a larger CCD than the A85/75, and I have heard good things about the image quality. Other than the swivel LCD, what other features does it have over the 85? If you are truely concerned about upgrading, I say do it. That way you won't wish you had later.
Vmax911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2005, 2:18 PM   #4
jrs

I'm thinking about the A95 right now. I'm pretty sure the A80 has the swivel screen, but it may be smaller. If you shop it out online, I'm not sure there's much of a price difference between A80-95, but there probably isn't much of a difference between a 4 and 5 megapixel 8x10, either. My opinion: if it can be done easily go for the A95.
jrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2005, 5:22 PM   #5

I'd say upgrade.

The fact that the A95 has a swivel LCD and larger sensor makes it worth it. The extra megapixel also means that you can print 25% larger sizes (that's 5% each in terms of extra length and width) when compared to 4MP.

My brother has the A80 and a friend has the A75, and when we compare both, the A80 is just that much better to use. The LCD is the main difference.
Thon is offline   Reply With Quote