Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 18, 2005, 12:57 AM   #1

I'm going to be buying a camera soon and I'm really not sure which of these to get, I can't find any photos taken by the Lumix DMC FZ3EG-S, but I can find photos for the FZ3, the first version of this type, I'm really in a bind, and really not sure which to get, the Konica Z3 or Lumix DMC FZ3EG-S, they are both almost identically priced and from what Ive seen the FZ3 has a purple fringing problem (the old FZ3) and the Konica has a grain problem, does anyone know of a website thats compared the new Lumix DMC FZ3EG-S with the Konica Z3 ? Help would really be appreatiated as I need the camera for images that are for a website
spiritweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 27, 2005, 6:06 PM   #2

Try this site. It says it all and concurs with a lot of folks.

http://digitalcameraguide.blogspot.com/

DeerCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2005, 8:02 PM   #3

Technically, the Konica Dimage Z3 is a shade better than the Lumix. However, I did not likeits shape andchose the Lumix because of itsshape and compactness as compared to FZ20. Price was also a factorin deciding for FZ3.
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2005, 8:48 AM   #4

First off, thankyou both for your advice and help, it was a deciding factor in my choice, having reviewed both cameras further I decided to loose some functionality in the Konica, to gain the amazing shots you can get with the FZ3, I managed to find a few shots from both cams and in everycase, it seems the FZ3 takes a nicer pic (even thou its a megapixel less than the Konica), and the Konica has a lot more grain in lower light showing, Also the look and feel of the FZ3 makes me feel like I own a proffesional camera, and as an ametur its occured to me that its not entirely the megapixel that makes a good shot, it seems that the lens and camera software make a huge difference , I found both cameras at a similer price at pixmania, but due to issues with them I'd highly recommend paying £5 more and buying from a different retailer as it seems they sent me a returned camera !!!, not rulling out the Konica however as it seems more suited to multimedia photography and not crisp clear shots, so in this case its down to the persons needs from a cam and not which one is better, I plumped for the professional approach and I couldn't be happier , and with a further look at the |FZ3 it seems that the Leica lens is HIGHLY sort after by photographers, also the FZ3-EGS is the same as the FZ3 but at a reduced price and more compact, probably to compete with the Konica , happy shopping.
spiritweb is offline   Reply With Quote