Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 21, 2005, 5:29 AM   #1

I want to buy a digital camera and I have a Fujifilm S3800 now but I want to buy a Fujifilm S5100 or a Fujifilm S602 but I do not know what is the best. I like the zoom on the 5100 and I do not know if it is that much better then the zoom on the S602. Also the 501 is 4mp and the S602 is 3.1 but it says it goes to 6mp. And the we have the Microdrive on the S602 or the xd on the S5100. Can someone tell me what camera is the best between these two??????
ring22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 21, 2005, 6:37 AM   #2

IMHO, I recently tried both, the S602 is better, it is more feature packed, faster & more options for continuos shooting, and having the ability for microdrive, and for 2 types of storage is great. Just a note here, for video-the microdrive worked great, but not so with CF II cards, it was picky.The extra zoom on the S5100 won't matter much, just more of a chance to get blurry shots. I would go with the S602.

That is if you can find a new one? all I see out there are reconditioned ones!,,, Don't do what I did, I ordered, & recieved a new one, from a questionable camera shop, and it turned out to be a UK (english version), It wouldn't play on my TV, because it was prebuilt to PAL (european) video standards, not NTSC (american) video standards. Sure it was new, and I loved it, but the guarantee (although written in english) was from the UK (England)??? I never even tried the AC adapter, figured that wouldn't work either, in this country, So, back it went!
MikDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2005, 7:01 AM   #3

Thanks mikdee. Can you tell me if there is a big difference between the reg 602 and the pro? I was told not to buy the reg one to buy the pro instead but then someone else told me no big difference. Thanks for all your help
Old Jan 21, 2005, 8:43 AM   #4

From what I can gather, not much difference,,, the pro has a threaded hole in thesnapshot button, for remote cable release & a dedicated hot shoe for external flash, and I think it comes with batts& a charger, (no big deal here),,,

By the way, if you find a place to get a New, made for USA use S602, let me know please, I still wish to get one.
Old Jan 21, 2005, 2:14 PM   #5

I will let you know. What camera are you useing now?
Old Jan 21, 2005, 3:27 PM   #6

S5100
Old Jan 21, 2005, 6:00 PM   #7

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...30318&rd=1

That's the best I can do guys...

The Fuji s602z, is discontinued. The s7000, is about to be discontinued as well. Obviously, there are more new s7000's out there.

Ebay is where I got mine used, obviously, no warrenty.

Good luck, and Private Message me with any questions about anything, as I own the s602z.

-tlmiller10
Tim Miller
Fuji s602z User
tlmiller10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2005, 4:34 PM   #8

If you have a 5100 what is it about it that would make you want a 602. What makes the difference for you and what is it that you don't have in the 55100 that you want in the 602?