Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 30, 2005, 8:01 PM   #1

I currently have a Fuji Finepix 2600Z and am fairly happy with it for outdoor shots. The problem is in door shots are quite dark. I was looking to move up and have seen good reviews for the Sony DSC W1. I am open to suggestions. I'm not a photography pro and like the ability to use an "auto" feature. What I am looking for is a camera that takes good pictures inside as well as outside.
duncanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 30, 2005, 10:07 PM   #2

If your indoor shots are too dark, then one of two things is probablyhappening. Either you're not using the flash when you should be, or you are using the flash and are shooting beyond the flash's range. Neither of these are the camera's fault.What is the range ofyour flash?

PhilR.
PhilR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 12:33 PM   #3

The camera is a point and shoot. In the auto mode the flash doesn't always go off. In the manual it says if the object is dark shoot at about 3.6 feet. Even when I do this it is dark - not as dark as before. I put the flash mode to "Forced Flash" and the picture is brighter when the flash goes off but it doesn't always go off. I understood in forced flash the flash was supposed top go off every time.

Since this is 2 MP would moving to say a Sony W! give me better results
duncanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 12:42 PM   #4

duncanw wrote:
Quote:
I understood in forced flash the flash was supposed top go off every time.

That should be correct, unless by chance your camera will force flash only once, and you are not resetting force flash for subsequent pics. More likely however your camera is faulty, since it sounds like the flash isn't working correctly. If so, then certainly the W1 would give you better results, as long as you stay within the flash range. Also keep in mind that flash range changes when the level of zoom changes.

The W1 may be becoming hard to find, as it is being replaced by a newer version and the retailers are closing out the older one.

PhilR.
PhilR. is offline   Reply With Quote