Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 8, 2005, 4:08 PM   #1

Have any of you taken flyingshotsat airshows, or action photos atmotor racing, or the like, with your FZ20. Does it perform well in these situations? Thanks, Colin.
AB52 FLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 8, 2005, 6:54 PM   #2

My friends and I ride motocross so I took a few pics about a month ago and they turned out excellent. I had some pics at full zoom with everyone coming into the burms and some nice shots doing doubles, and some nice tabletops. I had the camera in sports mode and it froze the back wheel up real nice. After the finish line there's a burm about 150 feet away from the stands and you could see outstanding detail in the dirt coming up from the back wheel. I took a pic of a guy hitting the finish line tabletop (about 100 feet away) and you could see every hole in the back sprocket. I'm more than happy with this camera for motox.
mliebs8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2005, 7:05 PM   #3

mliebs8 wrote:
Quote:
I had some pics at full zoom with everyone coming into the burms and some nice shots doing doubles, and some nice tabletops. I had the camera in sports mode and it froze the back wheel up real nice. After the finish line there's a burm about 150 feet away from the stands and you could see outstanding detail in the dirt coming up from the back wheel. I took a pic of a guy hitting the finish line tabletop (about 100 feet away) and you could see every hole in the back sprocket.
Uhhh....pssssst...hey pal!!! Uh, duh yuh think yuh could S H O W us yer pics??

( they say a pictures worth a thousand werds....):lol:
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2005, 9:36 PM   #4

It doesn't have anything to do with flying or racing but it is an action shot, taken with an FZ20, in the dark, with on camera flash and autofocus.

Jeff
:G
Attached Images

jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2005, 5:43 PM   #5

I had the pictures printed and erased them from the memory but if you email me your address I'd gladly send you one of the pics.
mliebs8 is offline   Reply With Quote