Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 14, 2005, 6:19 PM   #1

Hi All! I currently own a Samsung Digimax 370 and I am not happy with the start up time and the time it takes between shots. I've noticed Canon and Casio cameras with near instantaneous startup times and times between shots. I've also heard that the time between shots is also dependant on the type of memory card you are using. I've been looking into several Canon and Casio models. What would you guys recommend in regards to speed and quality of pictures?

Thanks!
klee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 14, 2005, 7:13 PM   #2

You will need to explain a little more what you want the camera to do before we give you any really helpfull suggestions IE zoom range, size of camera, what sort of reolution are you considering etc...

The Canon range should be a good choice, as would be an Olympus or Nikon many of them are good in fact - for start up speed the Minolta G400 is very quick. It's compact and robust with a big screen. The Fuji E550. F810 are also quite quick in that respect. How much do you want to do manually?? Get back on a few of the details and someone will make some suggestions for you

Good luck

Geoff
Geoff Chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2005, 10:07 AM   #3

Geoff. Thanks for the reply and sorry about not including a few more details. To answer some questions. I'm looking at a price range between 200-300; pixels must be higher than 3; zoom range 10x-12x; size fairly small and possibly near pocket size much like the Canon SD series and the Casio slimline series; must use either a xD or SD flash card; must use AA batteries (I hate proprietary batteries, Casio comes to mind)

Additional features that I am looking for other than start up and between picture speeds are adjustable white balance, b&w effects, night shots, ability to take quick action shots; don't really need F-stops since I am still learning how to take decent photos with a simple Samsung digi-cam.

Thanks!
klee is offline   Reply With Quote