Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 12, 2006, 10:51 PM   #21

TDN wrote:
Quote:
I am not saying the D2H is degraded to a "bad camera" over the years , I am saying that for a lot less money, you can get something that will suit your needs today just as well.

It must be a dream to shoot with.
But personally, I'd rather invest the extra cash in some glass.

TDN

He just offered me a great deal, $1,100 for the body with batteries and a 2gb flash card, but I still couldn't raise enough mojo, and had to let it go.

Are there some classifieds online where you guys shop the used market, or should I avoid that sort of thing?
JDBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2006, 6:49 AM   #22
TDN

JDBraddy wrote:
Quote:
Are there some classifieds online where you guys shop the used market, or should I avoid that sort of thing?
I use a couple of sites.

Ebay, of course, and then a site called kapaza.be, which is a local 2nd hand site just for Belgium & Holland.

Also google works for me, because my country is fairly small, I can limit the results to those from Belgium, and often end up in forums where people offer their stuff to sell.
Since about any place in Belgium is a max. 2 hour drive from my place, I just go pick up the equipment then.

I don't know if such an option is available if you live in the US though... (I would imagine you don't want to drive cross-country just to pick up a lens )

but still you could have it shipped...

So ebay and google will do wonders for you.

TDN
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2006, 8:46 AM   #23
TDN

B&H offers the D70s kit used for 779$

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...goryNavigation

TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2006, 1:05 PM   #24

I may be getting over ambitious again,but what do you guys think of this. B&H has the D70s body for $650 new, and theNikkor 18-200mm f3.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S DX VR II Autofocus Lens for $750 new, totalling $1400. I know I could get cheaper glass, but this gives me a good camera with high-end ED super-zoom optics, Vibration reduction, everything I said I was looking for.As an added bonus, I'd probably seldom if ever need to change lenses, exposing my sensor to dust/moisture, orhave tocary a bulky bag full of extra gear along. I already have CF cards, and the same batteries and charger the Nikon uses, with my current camera, so I'm only $400 over budget. I could even get it now if I where to put it on a credit card, and probably have it paid for by Thanksgiving, or Christmas at the latest.
JDBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote