Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 25, 2005, 8:32 PM   #21

Here are some of Phil's samples with the XT/350D/Kiss:

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/can...50d/page11.asp

Ponin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 7:06 PM   #22

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...62&forum_id=87
Old Feb 26, 2005, 8:40 PM   #23

sw2cam wrote:
Quote:
I've had 3 Canon cams. I'll never buy another.
Which models were they?
Old Feb 26, 2005, 8:56 PM   #24

Don't waste your time with this troll.
Ewok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 9:24 PM   #25

Ewok wrote:
Quote:
Don't waste your time with this troll.
Thanks, I figured as much after looking at his other posts.
Old Feb 26, 2005, 10:02 PM   #26

Even though the D70 would not be my choice, having used it I have to say that it's a prettyreasonable camera. I have found the 300D easier forME and the images toMY eye look better out of the canon. I would wait myself as Canon reputation alone is pretty good. Ive owned three and cant see myself changing. However if you do go with the Nikon Im sure you will do well with it. My aim is not the new XT but a 20D in the future.:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 10:06 PM   #27

sw2cam wrote:
Quote:
EWOK and Ponin.........I guess if someone has something to say about what ever your rooting forthey must be trolls. Fact is, I'll never buy another CANON camera weather you two like it or not

As for what models

---It all started with a CANON EOS Rebal II 35mm SLR.

Lets see

One could not keep the eyepiece on

MED light and it would not focus

LOw light and it could not focus

Poor fitting lens's. I've never had to have a camera cleanded as often

I gave it to my Daughter in 1997 to use in her photo class in HIghSchool. She gave it back and bought a used NIKON with the money she had saved.

---How about the wonderfull CANON S1 IS

Lens cap broke the day I bought the cam

memery car jammed in the slot when ever it felt

I donated this wonderfull camera to the trrops in IRAQ. I bet it dies a fast death in the blowing sand.

---Then I can point out the great CANON A95

The LCD stopped working 3 times in five months

The menu button stopped working twice.

I got CANON to buy this outstanding doorstop back.
Perhaps you just had a bad run, I know people that have had no end of problems with other camera brands including Nikon, Olympus and panasonic. Ive had three canons and never had a problem, thats why I stay with the brand apart from the brillient lenses one can buy.

Old Feb 26, 2005, 10:22 PM   #28

Sw2cam having looked through your posts you seem intent on doing nothing but being critical of canons, are you employed by Nikon by some chance? Nikon's not my choice but I would not spend all my time downing the camera or any other brand for that matter. So you had a bad run out of those cameras, maybe you need to put the whole thing in perspective, What will you do if you have a problem with Nikon? and don't say it cant happen as I know someone who had no end of problems with a D70, it went back three times and eventually it was fixed and has been fine ever since, this person does not spend all there time on herecriticizing Nikon.
Old Feb 26, 2005, 11:08 PM   #29

sw2cam wrote:
Quote:
EWOK and Ponin.........I guess if someone has something to say about what ever your rooting for they must be trolls. Fact is, I'll never buy another CANON camera weather you two like it or not

As for what models

---It all started with a CANON EOS Rebal II 35mm SLR.

Lets see

One could not keep the eyepiece on

MED light and it would not focus

Low light and it could not focus

Poor fitting lens's. I've never had to have a camera cleanded as often

I gave it to my Daughter in 1997 to use in her photo class in HIghSchool. She gave it back and bought a used NIKON with the money she had saved.

---How about the wonderfull CANON S1 IS

Lens cap broke the day I bought the cam

memery card jammed in the slot when ever it felt

I donated this wonderfull camera to the troops in IRAQ. I bet it dies a fast death in the blowing sand.

---Then I can point out the great CANON A95

The LCD stopped working 3 times in five months

The menu button stopped working twice.

I got CANON to buy this outstanding doorstop back.
It's too bad that you had such a bad run.
Step up to the Powershot G6. Get it from some big place that has a money-back guarantee. If it doesn't work, which I highly doubt, return it for full money.

If you want something better, move up to the Rebel XT. Do the same thing. Buy it, if it doesn't work return it for full money back. Don't bother sending it to the manufacturer for repairs, cleaning, or whatever else. Just get your money back. Move away from the other series and get a G6 or an XT(when it is released). Try either of those for two weeks, full money-back guarantee, then come back and complain.
Old Feb 26, 2005, 11:23 PM   #30

sw2cam wrote:
Quote:
EWOK and Ponin.........I guess if someone has something to say about what ever your rooting for they must be trolls. Fact is, I'll never buy another CANON camera weather you two like it or not
A troll is someone who goes around on other's threads to shoot down whatever they are writing about. Just what you did. Going about following Canon threads and then shooting them down. Following threads posting things like "sniff, sniff, whine, whine" or that Canon is junk and deliberately bashing a company without sufficient grounding is deemed trolling.

Your sample size is ridiculous. 3 Cameras only? How can you base a decision on just a sample size of 3? Canon turns out millions of cameras. If they were at all defective, couldn't you just return them for other stock instead of suffering in silence? Could it be the distributor you got is from? There are so many variables here. How about your treatment of the cameras? How do you handle your equipment?