Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 25, 2005, 11:38 AM   #1

:? I am looking for a camera with 10x's optical zoom, 4 MP, next to no shutter lag, and excellent picture quality. After looking at several camera's in the websight I am more confused than ever. It seems like things are leaing towards a couple of Panasonic's and maybe Minolta. I am not interested in an SLR.

Confused!!
peggysue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 25, 2005, 11:47 AM   #2

I have and so do plenty others in the kyocera section the Kyocera M410r its very very fast (3.3fps or 2fpsfocusing between each shot)good quality, 10x zoom (f2.8-3.1 if i remember right) takes standard AA's and is pretty reasonably priced you can also add filters etc on the lens. Check out the kyocera section for quite a fewpics, and general discussion... its a pretty active forum! oh the camera has 640x480 30fps video too... if that interests you?

what country are you based in as most of us seem to be in the Uk and its pretty cheap here.

its worth checking steves review out too.

Hope this helps

Steve

5teve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2005, 11:53 AM   #3

Thank you I will check the kyocera section.

I am from New Jersey, USA

thank you Steve.:-)
Old Feb 25, 2005, 12:21 PM   #4

please excuse our extremely off topic chatter in that section..... we start off with good intentions and thats it..... off we go!

you may have to dig around some of the threads but im sure you'll find the info you are looking for

Thanks

Steve
5teve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2005, 4:12 PM   #5

Panasonic fz-20 is always a keeper.
the chemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2005, 4:19 PM   #6

:-)Thanks

I've narrowed my search down to Canon G6 (giving up the powerful zoom), Canon S1, and Panasonic FZ20. Not crazy about the weight on the FZ20 but everything else seems to be just what I want. Will try them all out this weekend.

Thanks again for the input.:-)
Old Feb 27, 2005, 12:30 AM   #7

Give a serious look to FZ20. I have FZ10 and just because of FZ10 i am still hesitent to go for digital slr (Total price to get comparable lens and weight)

ag
aghauri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 2:10 AM   #8

The FZ20 is large but light for its size. After you put 4 NiMH batteries in an S1 it is about the same weight – still less bulky though.

There isn't anything in a 10X camera with no shutter lag. A DSLR comes close. If you learn to pre-focus the shutter lag is almost zero with most newer cameras. Continuous focus lets you use pre-focus in a lot more situations and most of the newer cameras have that as well.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 3:04 AM   #9

trust me. u should not overlook the olympus camedia c770 ultra zoom. super camera!
nunuknanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 8:48 AM   #10

Looked at the canon S1 last night and was not overly impressed. The FZ20 is still on my list along with Konica Minolta A200. Any opinions on the Konica?