Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 6, 2005, 10:25 AM   #1

I have a kit Canon EOS IX with th 24-85mm lens. It works great, so I was thinking of buying a 20d as I already have a Canon lens. I noticed that the Nikon D70 and the Minolta 7D have the wireless flash controler built into the body. I thought I read somewhere (can't remember where) that the 20d did as well. I think that the wirelss flash is a really neat feaure and I want to explore it, so it will have a lot of weight in my final body choice. Right now all I have is the kit w/no other Canon items, so a switch won't be a big deal. Nikon has a nice rebate and the D70 does almost as well as the Canon 20D on specs. I think the Minolta is a little behind on the lenses but has built in anti-shake... So many choices, so little money :? Thanks for your help!
maxxmanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 6, 2005, 12:09 PM   #2
NHL

maxxmanic wrote:
Quote:
... I thought I read somewhere (can't remember where) that the 20d did as well. I think that the wirelss flash is a really neat feaure and I want to explore it, so it will have a lot of weight in my final body choice...

Unlike the Minolta and Nikon, you'll need an ST-E2 for the Canon - the controller is not built-into the body!

Although except for the 420EX, most other external flashes (including the Sigma)can double as the controller whenits flash output is turned off...:idea:

NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2005, 12:25 PM   #3

Thanks for the info and quick response, NHL.
maxxmanic is offline   Reply With Quote