Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 8, 2005, 2:46 PM   #1

I would like some feedback as to which camera represents the best overall value/performance. I have been shopping around and reading reviews for a few days and while visitingCircuit City over the weekend I found a last one deal on the Powershot Pro 1 for 499.00. Now this puts the camera in the same price range with the other two cameras I have mentioned. I purchased it and have 14 days to try it out.

With the above information in mind, please give me some feedback from those of you that own these particular cameras.

Thanks

Charles
chas1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 8, 2005, 5:25 PM   #2

I liked the V3 because it had 7Mp, a Zeiss lens and had the best performance...in basic, useeveryday situations, likeautofocus lock-on, itflys Only a dSLR has better numbers and it even beats some of them.
Meryl Arbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2005, 7:45 PM   #3

hi, ive had my pro 1 for several months now, 499 is a great price. i think they average around 700. i moved up to the pro1 from a G2 was very happy with the G2 and dont have any regrets with the pro1. If i did have it to do over again though, i think i might of gone with the olympus 8mp camera. because of its performance and i like the manual zoom. plus now they have a great new camera the Evolt. that has the features of a dslr and the handling of a more compact P&S camera. I dont think the sony has anything over the canon to worry over. i have seen color full size comparisons of the canon pro1 the nikon and sony cameras side by side. i like the color the canon can capture, next to that would be the nikon that seems to do better slightly in blue than the canon. the sony is ok. i felt the colors to be a bit muddy in the sony examples though., all this is imo/
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2005, 8:36 PM   #4

Yep, I hate those washed out Sony colors!! :lol:

Meryl Arbing is offline   Reply With Quote