Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 8, 2005, 2:46 PM   #1

Looking for a digital camera with a swivel LCD screen for work. Must have macro settings also. Looking for around $300.

In my quick search around the net, I remembered the Canon G series have swivel LCDs. However, the new cameras go for around $600. Anyone know where I can get the older models (G3 or the like) new?
JNish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 8, 2005, 3:51 PM   #2

I've got a G2 kicking around here somewhere... and you're right it sounds like good match for what you looking for... it took great pics of static object... :lol:
Mr_Saginaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2005, 3:56 PM   #3
Administrator

JNish wrote:
Quote:
Looking for a digital camera with a swivel LCD screen for work. Must have macro settings also. Looking for around $300.

In my quick search around the net, I remembered the Canon G series have swivel LCDs. However, the new cameras go for around $600. Anyone know where I can get the older models (G3 or the like) new?

Always check eBay! You can find your twenty year old socks there too
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2005, 6:45 PM   #4

JNish wrote:
Quote:

Since you will most likely not be able to purchase a new G3 for $300, I think you would do better with a new A95, which can be had newfor right around that price. The A95 has one more mp than the G3, and also has the swivel lcd as well.

A possibly even better choice would be the Nikon 5400. It will require an initial outlay of around $400, but it has a $200 rebate. Nikon's are well-known for their macro abilities, and if I remember correctly, this model can focus as close as 1cm. The 5400 has a metal body, a 4x zoom that starts at a wide-angle setting, and a swivel lcd. When overall price is considered, there is nothing that will touch it....

PhilR.

PhilR. is offline   Reply With Quote