Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 9, 2005, 12:41 PM   #1

I'm looking for a nice compact digital camera under 150.00 Just need something small and mobile that takes good pictures for road trips and vacations. Currently I'm looking at thecanon SD110. Am I on track with this one? or do you have some better suggestions?

woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 9, 2005, 1:14 PM   #2

Nikon has a $100 rebate going on the 3700. I got one for my daughter and the delivered price was $130 including shipping after the rebate. Nice little camera for the price if you don't mind messing with rebates. It has more zoom range than the 110.
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_...nikon3700.html
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2005, 5:17 PM   #3

I'll throw in a vote for the 3700 too. If you can afford the initial outlay, it would be well worth your consideration. Nothing comes even close for that price. Take a look at the review, which will also give you merchants and current prices.

PhilR.
PhilR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 12:13 AM   #4

slipe,

Where did you order your 3700 from? I found one at butterflyphoto.com, but I worry about the whole rebate being conditioned onpurchasing from "Nikon authorized dealers" thing. Did you run into that with your rebate, or is thatstipulation not strictly enforced? I need a cheap camera to take pictures while I'm out fishing, but after leaving my Dimage7 at the bottom of the lake , the V3 gets no where near the water. Thanks for your help.

--Casey
septik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 6:45 AM   #5

Butterflyphoto is totally safe !!! That's where I have ordered several cameras including the Nikon 3700 for a belated Christmas gift. I got the $100 check in about 4 weeks. It's an awesome camera ! The image quality is AMAZING. And all-metal. The only thing I didn't like (yes, I "tested" it out for her is the 1-2 sec delay between shots BUT I am very spoiled about that and I'm usually trying to take pictures of my wiggly baby. Under normal conditions, I'd doubt you'd notice!
kimnicho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 8:16 AM   #6

I don't have my rebate yet so I can't say anything for sure. But a Shopping.com trusted store that advertises the rebate is very likely to not be a problem. This is the best price I see right now from a trusted store: http://www.digitalfotoclub.com/sc/fr...9916&rf=dt
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote