Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 10, 2005, 5:11 AM   #1

Hi i need help deciding between these cameras. i had a sony p-10 but it was stolen and i can get a new camera. i have been happy with sony and want to get another sony. i have seen both of these cameras and i like both of them. at first i was gonna get the p-200 but then i saw that teh W-5 can be used manually. these are the things that i want to do with my camera. i want a camera which is easy to take around, good battery life (prefer info-lithium),take nightshots and close-up shots. so far from reading reviews i have seen that teh w-5 can be used manually. i wanna know if the p-200 is good for taking nightshots and close up shots. can u guys also tell me which one has better picture quality and if you have used any of them and what u think of them,

thank you in advance.

sep08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 10, 2005, 2:11 PM   #2

can anyone help me?
sep08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2005, 6:33 PM   #3

P200 has manual control which you control everything, apperture only limited to open or close unfortunately. I think thesame goes for W5 as well. Lens is the same. Main difference would be: battery, LCD, MP, form factor, and price.

I got P200
ftahir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2005, 6:42 AM   #4

I just sold my W1 and got the P200. I really, really wanted to love the W1 - it feels so well-built but I simply got more blurry pictures than I cared for. I got some SPLENDID shots as well but in the end, I was frustrated by it. I've had the P200 and so far, the only blurry shots were the ones where I felt my left hand jerk before I fully press down on the shutter. The image quality is EXCELLENT and it does have manual features including white balance. I also prefer the lithium battery - it lasts longer and you don't need all of those "AA" rechargeble batteries lying around. My 2 cents
kimnicho is offline   Reply With Quote