Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 23, 2005, 7:34 PM   #11

Yeah John that is not what I meant at all. Believe me, I understand the quality aspect.

What I meant by my comments was that the reviewers hold other cameras responsbile for not including features the Canon's have, but the reviews never hold Canon responsible for features a Canon camera lack's that the competitors have - if that makes any sense. That is where I picked up this kid gloves versus hard copy vibe of the reviews.
montana500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 12:04 AM   #12
KSV

JohnG wrote:
Quote:
......but zoom and mp are not the best standards to rate a camera on. Just my opinion
Fortunately not only yours :-)

Unfortunately 99%+ of potential byers
KSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 12:56 AM   #13

Kalypso wrote:
Quote:
Steves personal camera is a Nikon D70. I think you are looking for something that isn't there...
It's funny how this was posted as a reply and people just ignore it.

Face it guys, the Canon A series offers a lot for the money: where are you going to find full manual controls, for such a low price? The A75 and the new A510cost $199 or less with a ton of features. I guarantee that you would find it difficult to find other brands that can match the A series' price/features.
Mike682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 1:20 AM   #14

well dont know if this is really pro-Canon review but then may be the canon owners can throw some light into this. Tell us guys, if the conclusions out of the reviews ( may be exact details, but an overalldetail ) really matchyour conclusions out of using the camera at various points. Would love to hear from you guys.

Was a fan of Sony before but then seeing all the reviews and the conclusions had decided that for example Canon Powershot A95 was much better. So am interested in knowing this too...

pranesh313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2005, 6:41 AM   #15

yeah !! this looks kind of pro-canon conspiracy to me !!!

jst kidding guys.. but to think of it. i think people do give lot of attention to Canon at the entry level cameras atleast. the A series. Kodak has come up with decent cams between 3-5 MPx. But they hardly get any attention.

Canon might be good but give the other poor fellows a chance. I mean lets start discussig more on the Kodak entry level digi-cams.

But I am going for a A510 though.. :G
kaustubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2005, 2:40 AM   #16

I have a Canon but I really like Sony for ease of use and sharp pictures without image stabilizer.
pagerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2005, 4:11 AM   #17

I was a sony fan (and customer)until a few months before but now i am planning to replace my P93 with a Canon A95. The main reason is I am not happy with the color accuracy of my P93.

From what i've read and many sample pictures and comparisons i decided that canon presents the best quality/price ratio in the class of entry-level cameras.
tanaltan is offline   Reply With Quote