Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 15, 2005, 5:32 PM   #1

I've heard a lot about Kyocera's superzoom, and have a few questions for those who own or know a lot about them. First, is it a good camera for casual photographer, nature, vacation, people,a little action? Is the image quality good enough to print 8x10s most of the time? Are you owners of them overallly satisfied with yours? If not, please share the aspect(s) of dislike. Thank you for any information.
ben4147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 15, 2005, 7:01 PM   #2

hi Ben i have been posting in your other thread.

i am a casual photographer and i really do love the camera. i generally use it for things like landscape shots... trips to the zoo.... anything really.... its pretty versatile due to the great zoom lens.... something i have never had before and something i wont do without again.

it does get some things wrong.... as stated in the other thread.... focussing in low light conditions (dull indoors shots) can be trickey... but there are ways and means round that no different to a lot of other camera's too.

it has manual features like shutter priority modes where you set the shutter speed and the camera sorts the aperture out.... shutter speed is from 8 seconds to 1/2000 sec. you can use aperture priority where you set the aperture and the camera sorts out the shutter speeds. and program mode where it deals with things itself. it doesnt have manual focus but to be fair that doesnt bother most of us as tring to manual focus on a screen that size is nigh on impossible and the camera generally does a good job of getting it right. most of the other info can be found in steves review.... and as i have said before and reiterate now... check the kyocera forums out here http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_forum.php?id=19

we are an honest bunch and know the camera isnt perfect.. however with some practice and familliarity (and help from a great bunch of guys) fantastic results can be had!

the camera excels at action shots due to it sheer speed. most camera's have a burst mode where it takes x number of shots this camera takes 3.3 shots per second until the card is full. i can send / post a few samples if you want. although there have been plenty posted in the forum above.

Other useful things are iso levels upto 800 and they are reasonably usable see below for a full zoom handheld shot at iso 800 on my first outing with the camera. there has been NO noise reduction or other editing apart from resizing on this picture. it was one of a short continuous mode shot sequence and turned out to be the best of the 7 or so i took. its by no means a good shot (technically)but does show what someone with very little experience can do.

the other thing is that kyocera will be pulling out of the digicam market but that should lead to a bargain or 2!

by the way where are you based?

if you want to know anything at all about the camera please ask, i'll be happy to help.

Steve
Attached Images

5teve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2005, 7:04 PM   #3

few more pics here

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=19

Steve
Old Mar 15, 2005, 7:14 PM   #4

i'm based in wisconsin, usa. thanks for the info.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 7:15 PM   #5

what about m410r's macro?
Old Mar 15, 2005, 7:18 PM   #6

no problems as far as i have found and can see.... have a look through that link i posted a few posts up and there are some cracking macro shots flowers bees and draginflys mainly. there are also a few threads on close up shots where people have been playing with add on lenses to get very very close to things.

Thank

Steve