Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 23, 2005, 8:09 AM   #1

I was all set to get the Canon Digital Rebelsince deciding the Rebel XT was a bit out of my price range after adding in memory, case etc. I can get the Digital rebel with one gig and case for $784.

Then at my digital photo class last night the professional photo instructor said don't do it go to the Nikon D70 or the Canon that runs around $1500 which is out of reach.

I am not a pro so not sure I really need to go that upscale. Anythoughts...

I want to make a decision as the offer on the rebel is over on Sat.

Thanks

CC
cc101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 23, 2005, 8:33 AM   #2

cc101 wrote:
Quote:
I was all set to get the Canon Digital Rebel since deciding the Rebel XT was a bit out of my price range after adding in memory, case etc. I can get the Digital rebel with one gig and case for $784.

Then at my digital photo class last night the professional photo instructor said don't do it go to the Nikon D70 or the Canon that runs around $1500 which is out of reach.

I am not a pro so not sure I really need to go that upscale. Anythoughts...

I want to make a decision as the offer on the rebel is over on Sat.

Thanks

CC
If you've decided what you want then go for it.. Before buying the rebel (or any other) however, I would suggest doing some reading of personal reviews (epinions.com) as well as the professional ones to make sure it does what you want. Sales on camera equipment can be found all the time.. Also, consider the cost of an upgrade (second camera body) should you decide to go that way..

Good luck,
Jeff
:G
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2005, 11:28 PM   #3
KSV

Also you can find good deals on 300D - with 350D on shelfs retailers negotiate much happier.

BUT. Main question what you should ask yourself - for witch purpose I need digital (could be film?) camera?
KSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 7:09 AM   #4

Well when I look at the higher end cameras I really don't need all the functions. While I hope to learn all about the ISO, Light, shutter speeds the biggest goal is to move into an SLR so I am not missing pictures of my daughter and the dog because of shutter lag time.

I did check out epinions they didn't have reviews on the 350 but did check out the reviews on the other cameras and I just think they are above what I am trying to achieve.

I can get the 300 right now for $785 and that includes the case and a 1 gig card...so i am pretty sure that is the way to go.

Thanks

Carrie
cc101 is offline   Reply With Quote