Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 24, 2005, 4:59 PM   #1

well, im using the S300 for more then a year now and my photographing level has raised...

the s3000 got a very little amount of manual controls, its hardly can take a bad light condition phots, same for movment picture...

so i thought to change for a new camera, and the a95 is in my price range, got alot of manual control (as i want ) and i heard lots of good things about it, so my question is, should it be my pick?

another question about the a95, how is it handle movment and bad light photographing?.. cause that important to me too..

thanks alot!

Tom
tomeryona is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 25, 2005, 3:08 AM   #2

You will miss that 6x zoom. I had a Fuji s3000 and a Canon a85 in Glacier last year side by side. I would tak take the S3000. For some reason, the pcis the canon took look really small and compressed, while the Fuji looked a little contrasty. I wil ltake the latter, though.

Have you thought about the Fuji e550? 5.6x zoom with no quality loss at 6 MP with lots of manual controls.
montana500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2005, 4:23 AM   #3

i read that its got a rly bad focus in bad light conditions.. i rly dont want to get another camera with that problem again, and the zoom is x4 from what i read, not 5.6 as you said...
tomeryona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2005, 6:58 PM   #4

the e550 is the first camera with digital zom that steve recommends. You can have another 1.4x at 6MP without quality loss. So that would be 5.6x at 6 MP.
montana500 is offline   Reply With Quote