Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 30, 2005, 9:20 PM   #1

Started a search for a new compact (smaller)cam to use when hiking, traveling (separate post). Initially, my interest was in Sony P200, PanyFX7 and SD Canons. Have eliminated FX7 due to no ViewFinder. But came accross great buy on Oly C7000 for little over $400 with 7MP, 5Xzoom and relatively compact (but bigger than SD's and P200). The Reviews have been OK but not strong. Seems a good value for the buck. Whats your opinion or should I go back to the Sony P200 and Canon SD's. I love the size of the SD300 but only 4mp. Look fwd to your advice...Thanks.
jjolexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2005, 9:42 AM   #2

I bought the Pany C7000. 7mp 5X optical,etc plus rebate. We'll see. Thanx anyway..
Old Apr 1, 2005, 10:21 AM   #3

Pany C7000? I think you got a good camera. It is fast and has manual exposure modes to expand into. 5X zoom is nice in a small camera. There is a lot more utility compared to the tiny point and shoot cameras. And that 7Mp sensor is excellent.

I wish they had kept the great buffer from the C60 so raw mode would be more useable. Overall I liked the Pentax 750Z a little better, but it doesn't have a rebate. If Oly had kept the buffer I might have bought one.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2005, 7:14 PM   #4

jjolexa wrote:
Quote:
I bought the Pany C7000. 7mp 5X optical,etc plus rebate. We'll see. Thanx anyway..
OOps I meant Oly C7000. Now testing it vs Casio Z750.Sorry and thanks!!